Help with FireFox updates

ase...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2019, 3:37:32 PM10/14/19
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

I have a fleet about 9,000 Windows machines, about 8,800 of those have an older version of Firefox that dates back to 2017. Our Information Security team has identified these as a problem, I have been tasked with addressing it.

The browsers are obviously not up to date because they are not being used. It would be a hard sell to upper management add new packages and take on then keep Firefox up to date for the fleet.

So that leaves me with 2 options:
1. Uninstall and give instructions how to re-install.
2. Is there any way I can leverage Group Policy/SCCM to get those browsers up to date and keep them that way using the Mozilla Maintenance Service - or something similar?

Thanks!

Frederik Braun

Feb 3, 2020, 3:25:44 PM2/3/20
to ase...@gmail.com, mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
I tried finding an answer internally, but this is the best we can:

Unfortunately we don't have a good story right now. We're working on a
standalone updater that will do this, but it won't be available later this
year.

You could just use SCCM to deploy a new version of Firefox, but it sounds
like you don't want to maintain a new package.

You might want to ask these questions on the enterprise mailing list:

There you'll get some better answers from folks.

All of our support documentation is here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox-enterprise