Fwd: QA - Contribution starting questions

Maria Plachkova

Jul 9, 2019, 2:07:43 PM7/9/19
to dev-q...@lists.mozilla.org
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Maria Plachkova <mp.forb...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 8:39 PM
Subject: QA - Contribution starting questions
To: <firef...@mozilla.org>

Hello,
First I'd like to say that I'm very exited of the opportunity to get
involved in the next Firefox development.
I have searched how to contribute to Mozilla, read the wiki, created
Bugzilla account, joined IRC and finally ended up here:
https://quality.mozilla.org/category/events/
and
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/testday-20190614

I am not experienced tester and may be that's why I'm confused how exactly
to start.
My guess is that I have to wait for the next test days to be able to join.
Is that correct?
On the next test days will I be allowed to run other tests cases in
addition to those described in the etherpad above or not?
When the tests are done where to list the results? In the sheet or in
Bugzilla?

I'm looking forward to your answers and tips.

Best regards
Maria Plachkova

Liz Henry (:lizzard)

Jul 9, 2019, 6:37:24 PM7/9/19
to Maria Plachkova, dev-quality
Hi Maria,

I'm not sure yet when the next test day will be, but you could try doing
some bug verification from this list of recently fixed Firefox bugs,

https://mzl.la/2JENKBM
or,
https://mzl.la/30q3r6M

It might be best to join a test day, but give these a try if you like!

Hope that helps!

Best,

Liz

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 11:07 AM Maria Plachkova <mp.forb...@gmail.com>