Power up on normal containers to facebook container's awesomeness

raph...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2020, 2:34:18 AM1/9/20
Hey guys

I posted something on the feedback page and then thought I wasn't actually writing on the right place

It's a compliment and a suggestion on the work you've been doing on containers, it follows

Facebook Container feature is extremely useful and changes traceability significantly
It's great also because it needs no configuration
Thanks for that!

And I'd like to suggest that normal containers had the ability to bound to an tabs open on a url expression with wildcards, in a similar way facebook container does it

I think Facebook container has some smart script blocking but that isn't my point here, it would still be nice without this

It would be extremely helpful because it would let users protect themselves from being tracked by any service they suspect is tracking them with cookies

It would be much more effective and way easier than other ways to block it such as regular js or ad blockers, it would do it without having any hassle to use that service and being able to stay logged in in the same window with other tabs that don't have the cookies

Current regular containers are harder to use because you have to manually select in which container to open each link, which is a bit unreliable specially if you switch context often and you're clumsy like me and may cause you to you leak information regularly

I see you keep adding new security features, so maybe you find Firefox users could use some way to restrict who can see their cookies and where and it looks like it wouldn't be that hard either to you or to the users

Thanks for reading this report!