A Fresh New Idea

figelf...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2016, 6:54:06 PM8/13/16
Hello, I have a fresh new idea about privacy in Mozilla Firefox, and I would like to reveal the idea. But I am not sure where and how can I do it. Can someone help, please?

Bram Pitoyo

Aug 14, 2016, 6:22:18 PM8/14/16
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 10:54:06 AM UTC+12, figelf...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, I have a fresh new idea about privacy in Mozilla Firefox, and I would like to reveal the idea. But I am not sure where and how can I do it. Can someone help, please?

Hi there, this is the perfect forum to do that. What is your idea?

figelf...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2016, 6:54:52 PM8/14/16
That is good, I will do it, but will I have some reward from Mozilla? If my idea is great, isn't the reveal for free stupid?

Paul Theriault

Aug 14, 2016, 8:01:52 PM8/14/16
to figelf...@gmail.com, dev-p...@lists.mozilla.org
If your idea is great, wouldn’t it be great to see it come to light and improve the web? :) Mozilla is global community of volunteers who support the free and open web. We are always looking for people with new ideas to join this community and contribute! But it is a labor of love - most[1] Mozillians are volunteers.

So as Bram said - here is a perfect place to discuss ideas to improve the web.

- Paul

[1] Full disclosure: By day, I work for Mozilla Corporation (MoCo), which is the company setup to build and maintain Firefox and other Mozilla services. But Mozilla is much broader than just MoCo. If employment is what you are after, check out the careers page: https://careers.mozilla.org/

figelf...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2016, 12:57:29 PM8/15/16
My dilema is this: I am very poor man, I have no possession except my clothes and one old cell phone, even the PC from which I am writing this is not mine. I can make VB.net applications. Maybe after 6 months I can buil an .exe program and make some money, maybe not, but it will be hard work for sure. ... But I think I will give up this. If the time will show my idea is great, please, send me some money or I think I will be very sad, but I rather hope my idea is not great, so I will reveal it. MY IDEA IS THIS:

Any user using Mozilla Firefox can freely change own IP adress. User can connect to a server throught another user. So the user can:

1 - user can bypass regional restrictions
2 - user can hide own identity
3 - user can hide own location
4 - user can surfing web annonymously
5 - and many others advantages ...

So, is this idea new? Is it good? Do you see some difficulties?

Dirkjan Ochtman

Aug 15, 2016, 2:16:49 PM8/15/16
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM, <figelf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any user using Mozilla Firefox can freely change own IP adress. User can connect to a server throught another user. So the user can:
>
> 1 - user can bypass regional restrictions
> 2 - user can hide own identity
> 3 - user can hide own location
> 4 - user can surfing web annonymously
> 5 - and many others advantages ...
>
> So, is this idea new? Is it good? Do you see some difficulties?

I think it's a good idea, but I think most of it is not new. You may
want to look into the Tor Browser project:

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

More info about Tor and its related projects is here:

https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en

Cheers,

Dirkjan