Re: News, backup

os...@wisdomtree.info

Apr 18, 2020, 3:32:28 PM4/18/20
to dev-po...@lists.mozilla.org
** Reply to note from dev-ports-...@lists.mozilla.org Thu, 16 Apr 2020 12:00:02 +0000

> Thanks for that! And She suspects that the -ProfileManager parameter is also used with the mailer, i.e. SMPMW118. But now She have another
> Qestion for you, you rememberd that She had searched high and low in the Senf folder for the name "Kaldani", "down in the basement", i.e. when the
> mail was closed and got no answer for the name "Kattarina" but got no hits there. But up in the mailer She got hits for Kattarina, so THAT valuable info
> is not gone. But you said that I should try reindexing the Sent folder, but should She do it here in the old profile or wait with the reindexing when the
> new profile "Brekke" are created and the Inbox + inbox.msf and Sent + Sent.msf are in their correct locations. And when we're at it, under the News dir
> there exists a host of files/dirs which She lists here below:

Indexing seems prudent in old profile. Do you wish to begin to fix a new profile?

Get Syncdir from https://88watts.net/software.html, backup the entire directory.

> And do you know how to repair a defunct WarpIN? She have a 'common' Warpin in the g:\os2ut\Warpin tree, but it's no longer working so She can't
> installing for instance the PM Backup program (It is flatly stated on its webpage that it should be installed with Warpin, so the current WarpIn that is
> accessible from WSeB and eCs20RC4 on the old system must be repaired so She could install PM Backup and try to "hot up" the current WSeB system

Copy datbas_D.ini to another location, re-install WarpIn, copy datbas_D.ini back.

Cal

Christer Jacobsson

Apr 21, 2020, 1:46:33 AM4/21/20
os...@wisdomtree.info wrote:
> ** Reply to note from dev-ports-...@lists.mozilla.org Thu, 16 Apr 2020 12:00:02 +0000

As Salaam Aleikum!

>> Thanks for that! And She suspects that the -ProfileManager parameter is also used with the mailer, i.e. SMPMW118. But now She have another
>> Qestion for you, you rememberd that She had searched high and low in the Senf folder for the name "Kaldani", "down in the basement", i.e. when the
>> mail was closed and got no answer for the name "Kattarina" but got no hits there. But up in the mailer She got hits for Kattarina, so THAT valuable info
>> is not gone. But you said that I should try reindexing the Sent folder, but should She do it here in the old profile or wait with the reindexing when the
>> new profile "Brekke" are created and the Inbox + inbox.msf and Sent + Sent.msf are in their correct locations. And when we're at it, under the News dir
>> there exists a host of files/dirs which She lists here below:
>
> Indexing seems prudent in old profile. Do you wish to begin to fix a new profile?

Yes, She will when She have all the info needed for doing it. You
remember that She discovered that the info for the news.ecomstation.com
DIDN'T existed under that dir but under news.ecomstation-1.com which She
haven't created - the correct newsservername should be
news.ecomstation.com. So should She copy the info below the
ecomstation-1.com to its correct place BEFORE or AFTER the new profile
is created? The ONLY newsserver that functions properly here in the old
profile is news.mozilla.org, thanks the Great Mother for that!

>> Btw, how should a copy or xcopy statement look that She can put at the top of the SMPMW118 launching file so that the Sent and Sent.msf are copied
>> to a safe location on the Z: partition - have lots of space there, and how should the statement look if She wants to overwrite the previously copied
>> Sent and Sent.msf files?
>
> Get Syncdir from https://88watts.net/software.html, backup the entire directory.

What's the difference between doing an XCOPY of the Sent folder + it's
.msf file and doing it via the program mentioned above?

>> And do you know how to repair a defunct WarpIN? She have a 'common' Warpin in the g:\os2ut\Warpin tree, but it's no longer working so She can't
>> installing for instance the PM Backup program (It is flatly stated on its webpage that it should be installed with Warpin, so the current WarpIn that is
>> accessible from WSeB and eCs20RC4 on the old system must be repaired so She could install PM Backup and try to "hot up" the current WSeB system
>
> Copy datbas_D.ini to another location, re-install WarpIn, copy datbas_D.ini back.

Thanks! That dropped a load off Her mind indeed :-) So simple and
elegant solution :-)

Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 24th Anniversary :-) Ex-wife deceased :-(
Team OS/2 e-mail: cribo.j...@gaea.se (Primary)

Christer Jacobsson

Apr 23, 2020, 12:35:59 AM4/23/20
os...@wisdomtree.info wrote:
> ** Reply to note from dev-ports-...@lists.mozilla.org Thu, 16 Apr 2020 12:00:02 +0000

As Salaam Aleikum!

>> Thanks for that! And She suspects that the -ProfileManager parameter is also used with the mailer, i.e. SMPMW118. But now She have another
>> Qestion for you, you rememberd that She had searched high and low in the Senf folder for the name "Kaldani", "down in the basement", i.e. when the
>> mail was closed and got no answer for the name "Kattarina" but got no hits there. But up in the mailer She got hits for Kattarina, so THAT valuable info
>> is not gone. But you said that I should try reindexing the Sent folder, but should She do it here in the old profile or wait with the reindexing when the
>> new profile "Brekke" are created and the Inbox + inbox.msf and Sent + Sent.msf are in their correct locations. And when we're at it, under the News dir
>> there exists a host of files/dirs which She lists here below:
>
> Indexing seems prudent in old profile. Do you wish to begin to fix a new profile?

Why She asked this it's because She can't delete toe file attachchments,
i.e. tunes which She have sent to a friend, and that's because the old
profile is sick. But perhaps if She delays the reindexing the Sent
folder AFTER it's been placed in the new profile, then these attachments
can be deleted properly and the Sent folder can then be compacted AND
the Inbox can be compacted too in the new profile as there are tons of
space in the R: (FAT32) partition.