Re: Sent mail corrupt

1 view

os...@wisdomtree.info

Mar 5, 2020, 11:51:24 AM3/5/20
to dev-po...@lists.mozilla.org
** Reply to note from dev-ports-...@lists.mozilla.org Thu, 05 Mar 2020 12:00:02 +0000

> The mails itself are not currupted - plain text mails shows just fine, but mails containing links, pics, fileattachs trows up a message stating "To protect
> your privacy, Seamonkey have blocked remote content in this message" and THAT message never came up before the default profile went sick. The
> default profile is even sicker now, when She sent off a plain text mail, it did NOT go into the Sent folder as it did before the crash.

Are you sure Sent file is not corrupt? Above message should be checked with another profile.

> >> And when we are on the migration stuff, She tried to migrate SMPMW118 to SM 2.1, but that screwed up the display of
> >> our Swedish tail-end cnaracters, "??", "??" and "??", so how would She set the relevant char setting (not the font
> >> which is Western) so that our Swedish tail-end chars is displayed correctly when SMPMW118 is migrated to SM 2.1 on
> >> the new box?
> >
> > What do you have in prefs.js of SM118? The default is below when I created a profile:
> >
> > user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "UTF-8");

Above lines were cut off in last note, this line was in a default fresh profile. Doubt is correct. What character set do you use for Swedish?

> There are three statements controlling this in prefs.js namely: <$copy> user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "windows-1252, KOI8-R,
> ISO-8859-1, us-ascii, UTF-8"); user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.composer.cache", "ISO-8859-1, UTF-8, windows-1252");
> user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.mailview.cache", "UTF-8, windows-1252, ISO-8859-15, ISO-8859-1, windows-1251"); </$copy>.
>
> So the best way here would be to change the three statements above to only include UTF-8, or does it suffice to change the statement you shew Her
> above to only read UTF-8. But She think that changing the two statements "charsetmenu,composer.cache" and "charsetmenu.mailview.cache" should
> be changed to only include UTF-8, or are She out in the blue here? With a Migrate mail and Newsgroup command, all the msg's should be converted to
> UTF-8. Or would it be better to copy over the Inbox (mail) and various Inboxes for the newsgroups to their proper places in the newly created profile
> tree?

I think you should use the character set you originally had. Would still copy over mail files to new profile and see what occurs.

Cal

Christer Jacobsson

Mar 6, 2020, 2:39:36 AM3/6/20
os...@wisdomtree.info wrote:
> ** Reply to note from dev-ports-...@lists.mozilla.org Thu, 05 Mar 2020 12:00:02 +0000
>>
>> The mails itself are not currupted - plain text mails shows just fine, but mails containing links, pics, fileattachs trows up a message stating "To protect
>> your privacy, Seamonkey have blocked remote content in this message" and THAT message never came up before the default profile went sick. The
>> default profile is even sicker now, when She sent off a plain text mail, it did NOT go into the Sent folder as it did before the crash.
>
> Are you sure Sent file is not corrupt? Above message should be checked with another profile.

>>> What do you have in prefs.js of SM118? The default is below when I created a profile:
>>>
>>> user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "UTF-8");
>
> Above lines were cut off in last note, this line was in a default fresh profile. Doubt is correct. What character set do you use for Swedish?

She have left out the parentheses in the statements below for brevity's
sake, they are correctly placed in the statements.

In the "intl.accept.languages" it's "en, sv";
In the "intl.charset.default" it's "ISO-8859.1";
In the "intl.charset.detector" it's "Universal charset detector"
In the "intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache" it's Windows-1252, KOI8-R,
ISO-8859-1, us-ascii and UTF-8
In the "intl.charsetmenu.composer.cache" it's iso-8859.1, UTF-8,
windows-1252
In the "intl.charsetmenu.mailview.cache" it's UTF-8, Win-1252,
ISO-8859-15, ISO-8859-1, Win-1251

So the question is: Should all these charsets be present in the new and
fresh profile "Brekke" or can they be left out except UTF-8. And She
just checked the Sent folder - it's readable and searcable but lacks the
posts after 2008. So should She try to reconstruct it by joining the
extant Sent folder with the info in the z:\tmp file or accept the loss?
After all, this crash also cleared out all the file attachments, i.e.
tunes, sent to a guy with the surname of Kaldani.. With a new and fresh
profile, She can begin to send tunes to him again, especially tunes that
pertains to the upcoming March, 8 - the International Women's Day -
She's a feminist since She listened to a Swedish LP named "Songs About
Women"j, that's was a real eye-opener for Her. If any group in our world
was treated as the world's women are, it would be classified as an
attempt to genocide. As a feminist author, Marilyn French stated it, for
the first time in our common history there are MORE men than women in
the world today - the world is shy of at least 70 MILLION women today
and the number is growing because China/India are extremeny patriarchal
like the various Gulf states, notably Saudi Arabia which practises
wahabism, the most woman-debasing branch of Islam. For example, a couple
of years ago, a fire broke out in a girl's school in Saudi Arabia, but
the moral police came at the scene first and (1) blocked the
firefighters from trying to quench the fire and (2) pushed back girls
into the fire who were not "properly clothed" - over 200 lives were lost
in the fire. Not even the most extreme branches of Judaism would act in
such a manner, in Judaism, saving lives in for example a fire is a prio
one obligation. Enough ranting.

>> There are three statements controlling this in prefs.js namely: <$copy> user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "windows-1252, KOI8-R,
>> ISO-8859-1, us-ascii, UTF-8"); user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.composer.cache", "ISO-8859-1, UTF-8, windows-1252");
>> user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.mailview.cache", "UTF-8, windows-1252, ISO-8859-15, ISO-8859-1, windows-1251"); </$copy>.
>>
>> So the best way here would be to change the three statements above to only include UTF-8, or does it suffice to change the statement you shew Her
>> above to only read UTF-8. But She think that changing the two statements "charsetmenu,composer.cache" and "charsetmenu.mailview.cache" should
>> be changed to only include UTF-8, or are She out in the blue here? With a Migrate mail and Newsgroup command, all the msg's should be converted to
>> UTF-8. Or would it be better to copy over the Inbox (mail) and various Inboxes for the newsgroups to their proper places in the newly created profile
>> tree?
>
> I think you should use the character set you originally had. Would still copy over mail files to new profile and see what occurs.

With a new and freshly created profile, these pesky "blocking" messages
should go away. they are prima facie that the current profile is sick,
likewise it's disabillity to place outgoing mails in the Sent folder.
Btw, will the creation of the new profile also create a new xxxxxxxx.slt
catalog in the r:\mozilla.org\mozilla tree?

Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 24th Anniversary :-) Ex-wife deceased :-(
Team OS/2 e-mail: cribo.j...@gaea.se (Primary)

Christer Jacobsson

Mar 6, 2020, 2:52:44 AM3/6/20
os...@wisdomtree.info wrote:
> ** Reply to note from dev-ports-...@lists.mozilla.org Thu, 05 Mar 2020 12:00:02 +0000
>>
>> The mails itself are not currupted - plain text mails shows just fine, but mails containing links, pics, fileattachs trows up a message stating "To protect
>> your privacy, Seamonkey have blocked remote content in this message" and THAT message never came up before the default profile went sick. The
>> default profile is even sicker now, when She sent off a plain text mail, it did NOT go into the Sent folder as it did before the crash.
>
> Are you sure Sent file is not corrupt? Above message should be checked with another profile.

>>> What do you have in prefs.js of SM118? The default is below when I created a profile:
>>>
>>> user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "UTF-8");
>
> Above lines were cut off in last note, this line was in a default fresh profile. Doubt is correct. What character set do you use for Swedish?

She have left out the parentheses in the statements below for brevity's
sake, they are correctly placed in the statements.

In the "intl.accept.languages" it's "en, sv";
In the "intl.charset.default" it's "ISO-8859.1";
In the "intl.charset.detector" it's "Universal charset detector"
In the "intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache" it's Windows-1252, KOI8-R,
ISO-8859-1, us-ascii and UTF-8
In the "intl.charsetmenu.composer.cache" it's iso-8859.1, UTF-8,
windows-1252
In the "intl.charsetmenu.mailview.cache" it's UTF-8, Win-1252,
ISO-8859-15, ISO-8859-1, Win-1251

So the question is: Should all these charsets be present in the new and
fresh profile "Brekke" or can they be left out except UTF-8. And She
just checked the Sent folder - it's readable and searcable but lacks the
posts after 2008. So should She try to reconstruct it by joining the
extant Sent folder with the info in the z:\tmp file or accept the loss?

Addendum: Does the various newsgroups have their own adress books or are
they contained in the Adress book for emails?