After a long wait, I am pleased to announce the final release of
Much has changed since version 1.11.0, hence the change in major version
number. It is STRONGLY advised that this not be installed over top of a
* Added support for MSVC2015 and dropped support for MSVC <2013, WinSDK
<8.1, and MSVC Express Edition.
- MSVC Community Edition is now the recommended free compiler option
* Added minTTY 1.1.3 as an optional console replacement for the default
- Not enabled by default due to some known regressions affecting some
common workflows that are difficult to work around. But for basic usage,
should work reasonably well.
- To enable it, add a 1 to the end of the |SET USE_MINTTY=| line near the
top of start-shell.bat.
* Overhauls to the start-msvc* batch scripts that improve consistency and
- To launch a plain terminal with no MSVC path setting, use
start-shell.bat (was start-shell-l10n.bat in previous releases)
* Updated Mercurial to version 3.4.1 and switched to the native python
- Allows extensions like bzexport that rely on previously-unavailable
python components to work correctly.
- Enables faster future updates in the event of serious bugs or security
- Enabled extensions: blackbox, color, histedit, mq, pager, progress,
purge, rebase, share, transplant
* Updated python to version 2.7.10.
- Included packages: pip 7.0.3, setuptools 17.1.1, virtualenv 13.0.3
* Removed SVN
* Updated 7-zip to version 9.20
* Updated bundled CA certs to those from NSS 3.19.1
* Updated emacs to version 24.4
* Updated MSYS to version 1.0.18 and various components to the latest
available for MSYS1
* Updated NSIS 3.0a2 to version 3.0b1
* Updated wget to version 1.16.3
* Changes in behavior due to using minTTY instead of Windows cmd.exe
* Windows 10 SDK is not yet supported. Builds should work fine with SDK
8.1. Bug 1173060 tracks adding Windows 10 SDK support.
* Windows 10: pip returns a "Job information querying failed" error. This
is a known Windows 10 bug. See http://bugs.python.org/issue24127
1. Remove your current installation. If you can't remove the existing
installation, you probably have a terminal open or ssh-agent running.
Terminate it and try again.
2. Install MozillaBuild 2.0.0.
3. Clobber (remove the object directory of) any trees you have. (If you
don't do this, you may get weird build errors due to a stale virtualenv
Please file any problems you come across in mozilla.org::MozillaBuild.