heads-up: code-review bot's clang-format message changing

Frederik Braun

Mar 10, 2021, 3:30:54 AM3/10/21
to dev-platform
Hi all,

You can stop reading, if you have a setup that never requires you to
applying clang-format manually. (Aside: For those that eagerly want to
belong to this group, but don't yet, I suggest you look into `./mach ide`.)

For all those who get the clang-format warning from code-review bot and
prefer not to download the suggested patches to apply locally, I have
moderately exciting news:

The new comment will give you a readily applicable command line
suggestion, that formats the affected files directly

The bot currently suggests you to run:
- `./mach clang-format -s -p dom/test.cpp` (C/C++)

The bot will soon tell you to run:
- `./mach clang-format -p dom/test.cpp`

This small patch is happening in
https://github.com/mozilla/code-review/pull/858.