Announcing MozillaBuild 2.2.0 Release

Ryan VanderMeulen

Mar 29, 2016, 9:30:18 PM3/29/16
to dev-platform
I am pleased to announce the final release of MozillaBuild 2.2.0.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32/MozillaBuildSetup-Latest.exe

Important changes since version 2.1.0:
* Updated Mercurial to version 3.7.3.
* Added the optional hgwatchman extension (disabled by default) for |hg
status| speedups.
* Updated Python to version 2.7.11.
* Added NSIS 3.0b3.
* Minor updates to various included components.

Full changelog:
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-build/pushloghtml?fromchange=MOZILLABUILD_2_1_0_RELEASE&tochange=MOZILLABUILD_2_2_0_RELEASE

To upgrade:
1. Remove your current installation. If you can't remove the existing
installation, you probably have a terminal open or ssh-agent running.
Terminate it and try again.
2. Install MozillaBuild 2.2.0.
3. Run |./mach mercurial-setup --update-only| to ensure that the
version-control-tools repository is current. Extension bustage is likely
otherwise.
4. Clobber (remove the object directory of) any trees you have. Build
errors may occur otherwise.
5. If you previously enabled minTTY, you will need to do so again by
setting USE_MINTTY=1 at the top of start-shell.bat.

Please file any problems you come across in mozilla.org::MozillaBuild.

-Ryan

Xidorn Quan

Mar 29, 2016, 9:41:56 PM3/29/16
to Ryan VanderMeulen, dev-platform
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Ryan VanderMeulen <
rvande...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I am pleased to announce the final release of MozillaBuild 2.2.0.
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32/MozillaBuildSetup-Latest.exe

I'd suggest you use https instead, it seems to work with ftp.mozilla.org :)

- Xidorn

Martin Thomson

Mar 29, 2016, 10:57:34 PM3/29/16
to Xidorn Quan, Ryan VanderMeulen, dev-platform
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest you use https instead, it seems to work with ftp.mozilla.org :)

Indeed. Don't drop the scheme entirely either, since Firefox attempts
to use FTP, which isn't available on that server.

Ryan VanderMeulen

Mar 30, 2016, 9:40:24 AM3/30/16
to Martin Thomson, Xidorn Quan, dev-platform
Darn it, I caught and fixed that when I posted the link in the tracking bug
for 2.2.0 but missed it in this post. Anyway, the installer is signed by
MoCo for this release, so you can verify that what you downloaded is legit
that way. Also, you can verify that the sha256 hash is
5662023973a90668e30d05c795db4213991a60b50052d5279ebb986fb7b9de3e. Sorry for
the confusion, I'll make sure future announcements use https.

Thanks,
Ryan