Intent to unship: MathML mfenced element

Mats Palmgren

Dec 17, 2019, 6:39:30 PM12/17/19
to dev-platform
In bug 1603773 I intend to ship 'mathml.mfenced_element.disabled' set to
true in all builds. This pref is already set to true in Nightly builds
for ~2 months (added in bug 1587577), so my change just makes it ride
the trains. The intention is to remove the preffed-off code eventually.

The reason we're removing support for this MathML element is that it was
removed from the spec. See bug 1587577 for details.

/Mats

Frédéric Wang

Dec 18, 2019, 4:11:15 AM12/18/19
to Mats Palmgren, dev-platform
Thanks for doing it. Out of curiosity, what do our counters say about
the % of pages containing mfenced relative to the number of pages
containing MathML?
--
Frédéric Wang

Mats Palmgren

Dec 18, 2019, 4:28:33 PM12/18/19
to Frédéric Wang, dev-platform
On 12/18/19 10:11 AM, Frédéric Wang wrote:
> Thanks for doing it. Out of curiosity, what do our counters say about
> the % of pages containing mfenced relative to the number of pages
> containing MathML?

FYI, most of our telemetry data is public.
You should be able to find it from here:
https://telemetry.mozilla.org/

In this case, the use counter is MathML_DeprecatedMfencedElement and it
doesn't show up in the relevant page:
https://georgf.github.io/usecounters/#kind=page&group=DEPRECATED&channel=beta&version=72
which I'm reading as "never occurred even once".
I'm not very familiar with our telemetry though so I could be wrong...

/Mats

arturoesco...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2019, 4:29:31 PM12/19/19

arturoesco...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2019, 4:31:28 PM12/19/19

Mats Palmgren

Dec 20, 2019, 11:33:10 AM12/20/19
to Frédéric Wang, dev-platform
On 12/18/19 10:11 AM, Frédéric Wang wrote:
> Thanks for doing it. Out of curiosity, what do our counters say about
> the % of pages containing mfenced relative to the number of pages
> containing MathML?

Mats Palmgren

Dec 20, 2019, 11:33:14 AM12/20/19
to dev-platform