I would like to increase the minimum requirements for node with ESLint
to node v8.9.1, npm v5.5.1 for the following reasons:
* ESLint 5.x is now in alpha, and raises its minimum node requirement
level to 6.14.0 (ours is currently 6.9.1)
* MozillaBuild & our automation already use node 8.9.1
* node 8.9.1 ships with npm 5.5.1
* A lot has changed in npm between 3.10.x and 5.5.x, upgrading the
minimum will provide better consistency for developers, especially
with respect to npm-shrinkwrap.json/package-lock.json
* This brings us closer to what was suggested in the "Intent to
require Node to build..." thread.
I'm thinking about bumping this the week of 7th May - after the merges
I would like to hear feedback - positive or negative - from anyone
likely to be affected by this proposal.
Please send comments to dev-platform or comment on bug 1456085.