Heads up: small Fission experiment starting in 88 Beta

Chris Peterson

Mar 19, 2021, 12:56:11 AM3/19/21
The Fission team plans to start a small Fission experiment in 88 Beta,
which will likely run through 89 Beta. The experiment will be just 10%
(5% Fission + 5% control).

I know 89 is the Proton MR1 release. I've confirmed with the Proton PMs
that they do not mind Fission running an experiment during 89 Beta, as
long as we are just continuing the same experiment we started in 88 Beta
and we keep the experiment at 10%.

Our Fission Nightly experiment has been running for months without any
major stability or perf issues. We just increased our Fission Nightly
experiment to 100% (50% Fission + 50% control) during 88 Nightly.

If you have questions or concerns, please email me or drop by the
#fission channel in Matrix or Slack.

chris

Jeff Muizelaar

Mar 19, 2021, 9:22:32 AM3/19/21
to Chris Peterson, Mozilla
To confirm, this experiment will continue running in 88 late beta as well?

-Jeff

Neha Kochar

Mar 19, 2021, 9:29:46 AM3/19/21
to Jeff Muizelaar, Chris Peterson, Mozilla
Yes, barring any serious issues that the Fx88 Beta experiment uncovers, we
expect to run this through all of Fx88 beta cycle and then either keep at
the same %age for Fx89 or start a new experiment for Fx89 with higher %age
(maybe 50%?).

Thanks,
Neha.