Best Vertical Pellet Smoker 2024

Holels with Jacuzzi

Dec 8, 2023, 9:52:33 AM12/8/23
A vertical pellet smoker is a type of smoker that uses wood pellets as fuel to smoke meat and other food items. Unlike traditional smokers, vertical pellet smokers provide a more convenient and easy-to-use option for smoking food. These smokers come in different sizes, shapes, and designs, but they all work on the same principle of using wood pellets to generate heat and smoke.

Here are the best vertical pellet smokers for 2024:

Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill https://amzn.to/3uHJ8Gf
Pellet Pro® 2300 Vertical Pellet Smoker DOUBLE WALL https://amzn.to/3Tg1JUj
KingChii 2023 Upgrade Portable Wood Pellet Grill https://amzn.to/47KaKJu
Gramercy Kitchen Company Cocktail Smoker Kit https://amzn.to/3uY7YSj
Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker https://amzn.to/3GAQq1c
Grill Sergeant Smoker Tube https://amzn.to/488NDbn
Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Side Fire Box Portable Charcoal Gril https://amzn.to/47MYfNr
Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker https://amzn.to/3Nixyb2
Camp Chef - XXL Pro Vertical Smoker https://amzn.to/485BvI8
Pit Boss 77700 7.0 Pellet Smoker, XL https://amzn.to/3GzML3K
Pit Boss 77700 7.0 Pellet Smoker, XL
If you're looking for a versatile and reliable vertical pellet smoker, the Pit Boss 77700 7.0 Pellet Smoker is definitely worth considering.

Pros

The digital LED readout and meat probe allow you to monitor internal temperatures easily.

With its six porcelain coated cooking grids and 1815 sq in cooking area, this smoker offers plenty of cooking space.

The 40 plus lb hopper capacity with pellet Purge allows for over 24 hours of use.

Cons

The assembly process can take a while, but it's worth it in the end.

The case may arrive slightly damaged from shipping, but this is only cosmetic and won't affect the smoker's performance.

The smoker's components are heavy, so it's best to have a friend help with assembly.

We've had the opportunity to use the Pit Boss 77700 7.0 Pellet Smoker, and we're impressed with its overall performance. The digital LED readout and meat probe make it easy to monitor internal temperatures, and the six porcelain coated cooking grids offer plenty of cooking space for large cuts of meat or multiple dishes.

One thing to note is that the assembly process can take a while, so be prepared to set aside some time for this. However, the instructions are clear and easy to follow, so you shouldn't have any trouble putting the smoker together.

Another minor issue is that the case may arrive slightly damaged from shipping, but this is only cosmetic and won't affect the smoker's performance. Additionally, the smoker's components are heavy, so it's best to have a friend help with assembly.

Overall, we highly recommend the Pit Boss 77700 7.0 Pellet Smoker for anyone looking for a versatile and reliable vertical pellet smoker. With its large cooking area and long-lasting hopper capacity, it's a great choice for both beginners and experienced smokers alike.

Camp Chef - XXL Pro Vertical Smoker
If you're looking for a vertical pellet smoker, the Camp Chef - XXL Pro Vertical Smoker might not be the best option for you.

Pros

The smoke box is a great feature that allows you to add wood chips without opening the smoker door.

The smoker has a big volume for its small footprint, which is ideal for those who have limited outdoor space.

The smoker includes 4 standard smoking racks, 3 jerky racks, and 1 hanging rack with 12 hooks, which provides plenty of cooking space.

Cons

The smoker has a low rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars, which indicates that it may not be a reliable option.

The temperature range of 150 - 350F is limited, which may not be suitable for all types of smoking.

The smoker is quite heavy at 149.5 pounds, which may make it difficult to move around.

In our experience, the Camp Chef - XXL Pro Vertical Smoker has some useful features, such as the smoke box and the ample cooking space. However, its low rating and limited temperature range make it a less attractive option than other vertical pellet smokers on the market. If you're looking for a reliable and versatile smoker, we suggest considering other options.

Paragraph 1: The Camp Chef - XXL Pro Vertical Smoker has some useful features, such as the smoke box and the ample cooking space.

Paragraph 2: However, its low rating and limited temperature range make it a less attractive option than other vertical pellet smokers on the market.

Paragraph 3: If you're looking for a reliable and versatile smoker, we suggest considering other options.

Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker
If you're looking for a high-quality vertical pellet smoker that delivers competition-level smoking in your backyard, the Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker is an excellent choice.

Pros

The dual valve/dual stainless steel burner system provides a wide temperature range of 100°F – 320°F, allowing you to cook a variety of meats and vegetables to perfection.

With over 700 square inches of adjustable cooking space, you can easily smoke large cuts of meat or multiple items at once.

The external wood chip and ash removal system make it easy to add and remove wood chips without opening the door.

Cons

The piezo ignition system can be unreliable, and it may take a few tries to get the smoker started.

The temperature control knob can be a bit finicky and may require frequent adjustments to maintain a consistent temperature.

The smoker may leak smoke, which can affect the flavor of your food.

In our experience, the Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker is a solid choice for anyone looking for a high-quality pellet smoker. The dual valve/dual stainless steel burner system provides excellent temperature control, and the large cooking space makes it easy to smoke large cuts of meat or multiple items at once. However, the piezo ignition system can be unreliable, and the temperature control knob can be finicky, so you may need to make frequent adjustments to maintain a consistent temperature. Overall, we would recommend this smoker to anyone looking for a high-quality vertical pellet smoker that delivers excellent results.

Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Side Fire Box Portable Charcoal Grill
We highly recommend the Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Side Fire Box Portable Charcoal Grill for those who want to enjoy Texas-style smoking and grilling. It is a versatile and durable grill that is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.

Pros

The grill has a large cooking area of 250 square inches with thick cast iron cooking grates, which can cook up to 12 burgers at once.

The heavy-duty construction of the grill is made from heavy-gauge powder-coated steel for maximum durability and heat retention when grilling and smoking.

The grill is portable and easy to use, thanks to the convenient handles and compact frame, making it the perfect tailgate grill, camping grill, and essential outdoor RV accessory.

Cons

The grill is charcoal-based, which might not be ideal for those who prefer gas or electric grills.

The grill might not be suitable for those who need a larger cooking area for bigger gatherings.

The grill might not be the best choice for those who are looking for a budget-friendly option.

The Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Side Fire Box Portable Charcoal Grill is a great addition to any outdoor cooking setup. Its heavy-duty construction and large cooking area make it perfect for smoking and grilling meats, fish, and vegetables. The grill is also portable, making it easy to take on the go.

The grill's adjustable dual dampers allow for easy heat control, and the removable Easy Dump Ash Pan makes cleaning up after grilling a breeze. The grill also attaches to all Char-Griller barrel grills as a side firebox for Texas-style offset smoking, which fits models 5030, 5050, 5650, 2121, 2123, 2137, 2827, and 2828.

In summary, the Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Side Fire Box Portable Charcoal Grill is a great investment for those who want to enjoy Texas-style smoking and grilling. Its heavy-duty construction, large cooking area, and portability make it a versatile and durable grill that is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.

Grill Sergeant Smoker Tube
We highly recommend the Grill Sergeant Smoker Tube for anyone looking to add a smoky flavor to their food.

Pros

Provides 5+ hours of billowing smoke

Easy to use and durable

Puts out more smoke than most vertical smokers and Traegers

Cons

May stain if food drips on it

Requires a propane torch to light the pellets

May be difficult to keep lit at first

This smoker tube is perfect for adding smoky flavor to cheese, fish, pork, beef, nuts, and more. It's easy to use and made of thick stainless steel, ensuring its durability. The patented elevation bar allows for both cold and hot pellet smoking, while the square shape prevents it from rolling around.

We were impressed with the amount of smoke this tube produced, as it puts out more smoke than most vertical smokers and Traegers. It provides 5+ hours of billowing smoke, making it perfect for long smoking sessions.

However, the smoker tube may stain if food drips on it, so it's important to place it where it won't come into contact with food. It also requires a propane torch to light the pellets, which may be an additional purchase for some users. Finally, it may be difficult to keep lit at first, but once it's going, it's easy to maintain.

Overall, we highly recommend the Grill Sergeant Smoker Tube for anyone looking to add smoky flavor to their food. It's durable, easy to use, and produces an impressive amount of smoke.

Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker
If you're looking for a versatile and reliable vertical pellet smoker, the Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker is a great option.

Pros

The dual valve/dual stainless steel burner system allows for precise temperature control and even heat distribution.

With 720 square inches of cooking space and four porcelain-coated cooking grids, you can cook a variety of foods at once.

The external wood chip and ash removal system makes it easy to add and remove wood chips without losing heat or smoke.

Cons

Some customers have reported issues with temperature consistency and the igniter not working properly.

The smoker may leak smoke or have issues with the thermostat.

The build quality may not be as sturdy as some customers would like.

Overall, we think the Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker is a solid choice for anyone looking for a versatile and easy-to-use pellet smoker. It offers plenty of cooking space and precise temperature control, making it a great option for beginners and experienced pitmasters alike.

In our experience, the smoker is easy to assemble and use, and the large viewing window and professional heat indicator make it easy to monitor your food without opening the door. The front access grease drawer is also a nice feature, as it makes cleaning up after your cook much easier.

If you're in the market for a vertical pellet smoker, we think the Pit Boss Grills PBV3G1 Vertical Smoker is definitely worth considering.

Gramercy Kitchen Company Cocktail Smoker Kit
If you're looking for a handheld smoker to add a smoky flavor to your cocktails, charcuterie, or cheeseboard, the Gramercy Kitchen Company Cocktail Smoker Kit is a great option.

Pros

The kit includes wood chips, a cleaning brush, and replacement parts, which are exclusive to this product, and a black velvet storage bag to keep all your accessories together.

The handheld smoker is engineered to the perfect size for indoor smoking, allowing you to transform your gourmet kitchen skills with cool smoke.

The kit comes with a downloadable recipe guide filled with tips & recipes for smoking the best craft cocktail or scotch, sous vide meats, and appetizer spreads.

Cons

The battery compartment is not well designed, and the product may not last for a long time.

The product is not intended for heavy-duty work, and it may not be suitable for those who want to smoke large quantities of food.

The product is not dishwasher safe, and it may be challenging to clean.

We've used this product to add a smoky flavor to our cocktails, and it works great. The kit is easy to use, and the instructions are straightforward. We love that the kit includes wood chips, a cleaning brush, and replacement parts, which are exclusive to this product, and a black velvet storage bag to keep all your accessories together. The handheld smoker is also engineered to the perfect size for indoor smoking, allowing you to transform your gourmet kitchen skills with cool smoke. We also appreciate that the kit comes with a downloadable recipe guide filled with tips & recipes for smoking the best craft cocktail or scotch, sous vide meats, and appetizer spreads.

However, we found that the battery compartment is not well designed, and the product may not last for a long time. Additionally, the product is not intended for heavy-duty work, and it may not be suitable for those who want to smoke large quantities of food. Finally, the product is not dishwasher safe, and it may be challenging to clean.

Overall, if you're looking for a handheld smoker to add a smoky flavor to your cocktails, charcuterie, or cheeseboard, the Gramercy Kitchen Company Cocktail Smoker Kit is a great option.

KingChii 2023 Upgrade Portable Wood Pellet Grill
If you're looking for a versatile pellet smoker that can handle all your outdoor cooking needs, the KingChii 2023 Upgrade Portable Wood Pellet Grill is an excellent choice.

Pros

The PID intelligent temperature control technology ensures a stable temperature throughout the grilling process, delivering perfect results every time.

The wood pellet grill gives your food that delicious wood-smoked flavor that's hard to replicate with other cooking methods.

With its 8-in-1 design, this grill can handle outdoor BBQ, baking, roasting, braising, smoking, grilling, searing, and char-grilling. Plus, it has a grill capacity of 456 sq inches, making it perfect for large gatherings.

Cons

The temperature range of 180-450°F may not be sufficient for some high-heat cooking needs.

The hopper design may require frequent refilling, especially for longer cooking times.

The grill may be on the heavier side for some users, weighing in at 75 pounds.

We recently had the opportunity to test out the KingChii 2023 Upgrade Portable Wood Pellet Grill, and we were impressed with its performance. The PID intelligent temperature control technology kept the temperature stable throughout the cooking process, ensuring that our food was cooked to perfection. We especially loved the wood-smoked flavor that the grill imparted to our food.

The 8-in-1 design of the grill allowed us to use it for a variety of cooking methods, from grilling and smoking to baking and roasting. The grill capacity of 456 sq inches was more than enough for our needs, and we were able to cook for a large group of people with ease.

While we did find that the temperature range of 180-450°F was sufficient for most of our cooking needs, we did have to resort to other cooking methods for some high-heat cooking needs. Additionally, we found that the hopper design required frequent refilling, especially for longer cooking times.

Overall, we would highly recommend the KingChii 2023 Upgrade Portable Wood Pellet Grill to anyone looking for a versatile and reliable pellet smoker that can handle all their outdoor cooking needs.

Pellet Pro® 2300 Vertical Pellet Smoker DOUBLE WALL
If you're looking for a high-quality vertical pellet smoker that can handle large quantities of food, the Pellet Pro® 2300 is an excellent choice. This smoker is built with 18-gauge double-walled steel construction and includes a convection fan that helps maintain a consistent temperature. Additionally, it comes with an exclusive PID controller that keeps the temperature within 5-10 degrees, which is perfect for ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection.

Pros

The extra-large 10 cu feet of cooking area allows for smoking large quantities of food at once.

The three 21" x 20" stainless steel grates and a 7-section rib rack included make it easy to cook a variety of meats and vegetables.

The Pellet Pro® 2300 includes a free $50 cover and home delivery, which is a great value.

Cons

The smoker is quite heavy at 200 pounds, which can make it difficult to move around.

The grate frames can be a bit slippery and may cause injury if not handled carefully.

The smoker is relatively expensive compared to some other models on the market.

Overall, we highly recommend the Pellet Pro® 2300 Vertical Pellet Smoker. It's a well-built, reliable smoker that can handle large quantities of food and comes with some great features. Whether you're a seasoned pitmaster or a beginner, this smoker is sure to impress.

Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill
If you're looking for a versatile and practical pellet grill, the Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill is the perfect choice for you. With 700 sq. in. of cast-iron cooking surface, including a S Tier rack, this grill is perfect for family cookouts and small gatherings.

Pros

The Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill offers 8-in-1 cooking options, allowing you to grill, smoke, bake, roast, sear, braise, barbeque, or char-grill to perfection.

The grill is fueled by 100% natural Pit Boss wood pellets, producing an exceptional taste.

The digital control board and standard flame broiler make it easy to select your preferred cooking styles and temperature.

Cons

The Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill is not suitable for large gatherings, as it has a limited cooking surface of 700 sq. in.

The grill may take some time to heat up, which can be frustrating if you're in a hurry.

The assembly process can be time-consuming and may require some technical expertise.

We recently had the opportunity to use the Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill, and we were impressed with its versatility and ease of use. The grill's 8-in-1 cooking options allowed us to experiment with different cooking styles, and the digital control board made it easy to adjust the temperature and cooking time. We particularly enjoyed using the flame broiler to sear our meats, which gave them a delicious smoky flavor.

One of the downsides of the Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill is its limited cooking surface of 700 sq. in., which may not be suitable for large gatherings. Additionally, the grill may take some time to heat up, which can be frustrating if you're in a hurry. Finally, the assembly process can be time-consuming and may require some technical expertise.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill to anyone looking for a versatile and practical pellet grill. Its 8-in-1 cooking options, natural wood pellet fuel, and digital control board make it a great choice for family cookouts and small gatherings.

Understanding Vertical Pellet Smokers
Vertical pellet smokers are a type of smoker that uses wood pellets as fuel to smoke meat. They are designed to be space-efficient, with a vertical design that allows for more cooking area in a smaller footprint. In this section, we will discuss the basics of vertical pellet smokers, including their design and functionality.

Vertical Design and Space Efficiency
One of the biggest advantages of vertical pellet smokers is their space efficiency. Unlike traditional smokers, which take up a lot of horizontal space, vertical pellet smokers have a tall and narrow design that allows for more cooking area in a smaller footprint. This makes them ideal for people who have limited outdoor space.

Vertical pellet smokers typically have multiple cooking racks, which allows for more food to be cooked at once. The racks are placed vertically, which means that heat rises from the bottom of the smoker and circulates around the food, cooking it evenly.

Pellet Smoker Basics: Fuel and Functionality
Pellet smokers use wood pellets as fuel. These pellets are made from compressed sawdust and are available in a variety of flavors, including hickory, mesquite, and applewood. The pellets are fed into a hopper, which then feeds them into a heating element. The heating element ignites the pellets, which then produce smoke that cooks the food.

Pellet smokers are easy to use and require minimal monitoring. They have a digital control panel that allows you to set the temperature, and the smoker will automatically maintain that temperature throughout the cooking process. This means that you can set it and forget it, allowing you to focus on other things while your food cooks.

Vertical pellet smokers are a great option for people who want to smoke meat but don't have a lot of outdoor space. They are easy to use and require minimal monitoring, making them ideal for beginners. With their space-efficient design and multiple cooking racks, they are also great for people who want to cook a lot of food at once.

Key Features of Top Vertical Pellet Smokers
When it comes to buying a vertical pellet smoker, there are several key features that one should consider. These features can make a significant difference in the quality of the smoker and the overall experience of using it. In this section, we will discuss the most important features to look for when choosing a top vertical pellet smoker.

Temperature Control and Range
One of the most important features of a vertical pellet smoker is temperature control. A good smoker should have accurate temperature control and a wide temperature range. This allows the user to cook a variety of meats at different temperatures, resulting in perfectly cooked food every time. Many of the top vertical pellet smokers come with a digital control board or controller that allows for precise temperature control and monitoring.

Capacity and Hopper Size
Another important feature to consider is the capacity and hopper size of the smoker. A top vertical pellet smoker should have a large pellet hopper and cooking area. This allows the user to cook larger quantities of food at once, making it perfect for hosting parties or cooking for a large family. The hopper size should also be large enough to hold a sufficient amount of pellets, so the user doesn't have to refill it frequently.

Construction and Durability
The quality of construction and durability of the smoker is also an important factor to consider. A top vertical pellet smoker should be made of high-quality materials and be built to last. It should be able to withstand high temperatures and be resistant to rust and corrosion. The smoker should also have good heat distribution to ensure that the food is cooked evenly.

In conclusion, when choosing a top vertical pellet smoker, it is important to consider the temperature control and range, capacity and hopper size, and construction and durability. These features can make a significant difference in the quality of the smoker and the overall experience of using it. By considering these features, one can find the perfect vertical pellet smoker to suit their needs.

Smoking Experience with vertical pellet smokers
Vertical pellet smokers offer a versatile and efficient way to smoke and grill meats, vegetables, and other foods. With advanced features like WiFi and digital controls, these smokers provide a more convenient and precise cooking experience.

Versatility in Cooking Methods
One of the main advantages of vertical pellet smokers is their versatility in cooking methods. They offer a range of cooking options, including smoking, grilling, and roasting. This means that you can smoke a brisket low and slow, grill a steak at high heat, or roast a whole chicken to perfection, all in the same smoker.

This versatility extends to the types of food you can cook as well. With a vertical pellet smoker, you can smoke or grill anything from pork shoulder to vegetables to pizza. This means that you can experiment with different flavors and cooking techniques to create a wide variety of dishes.

Advanced Features: WiFi and Digital Controls
Vertical pellet smokers are also equipped with advanced features like WiFi and digital controls. These features make it easier to monitor and adjust the temperature and cooking time of your food, ensuring that it is cooked to perfection every time.

WiFi connectivity allows you to control your smoker from your smartphone or tablet, so you can monitor the temperature and cooking time from anywhere. This means that you can spend more time with your guests or doing other things while your food cooks.

Digital controls allow you to set the temperature and cooking time with precision, so you can achieve the perfect smoky flavor every time. This means that you can experiment with different cooking techniques and flavors to create a wide variety of dishes.

In conclusion, vertical pellet smokers offer a versatile and efficient way to smoke and grill meats, vegetables, and other foods. With advanced features like WiFi and digital controls, these smokers provide a more convenient and precise cooking experience, allowing you to experiment with different cooking techniques and flavors to create a wide variety of dishes.

Accessories and Add-Ons for vertical pellet smokers
When it comes to vertical pellet smokers, there are a number of accessories and add-ons that can enhance your smoking experience. In this section, we'll cover some of the most popular and useful ones.

Meat Probes and Thermometers
One of the most important accessories for any smoker is a good meat probe or thermometer. This allows you to monitor the internal temperature of your meat, ensuring that it is cooked to perfection. Many vertical pellet smokers come with built-in thermometers, but it's always a good idea to have a backup or a more accurate option.

Some popular meat probes and thermometers include:

ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Meat Thermometer

Maverick ET-733 Dual Probe Wireless Thermometer

Weber iGrill 2 Bluetooth Thermometer

Racks and Smoking Grates
Another important accessory for vertical pellet smokers is additional racks and smoking grates. These allow you to increase the cooking capacity of your smoker, and can also be used to smoke different types of food at the same time.

Some popular options include:

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooking Grates

Camp Chef SmokePro Jerky Racks

Pit Boss Vertical Sausage Rack

Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Food Smoker

When selecting racks and smoking grates, it's important to ensure that they are compatible with your specific smoker model.

In conclusion, meat probes and thermometers, as well as racks and smoking grates, are important accessories to consider when purchasing a vertical pellet smoker. They can enhance your smoking experience and help you achieve perfectly cooked, delicious food.

Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I look for in a top-rated vertical pellet smoker?
When selecting a top-rated vertical pellet smoker, there are several features to consider. First, look for a smoker with a large cooking area and high-capacity hopper to accommodate the amount of food you plan to smoke. Additionally, consider the smoker's temperature range and the precision of its temperature control. Other features to look for include sturdy construction, easy-to-use digital controls, and convenient features like wheels for mobility.

How do Louisiana Grills vertical pellet smokers compare to other brands?
Louisiana Grills' vertical pellet smokers are known for their high-quality construction, user-friendly design, and exceptional performance. Many users report that Louisiana Grills smokers produce consistently delicious results with minimal effort. Compared to other brands, Louisiana Grills' smokers often have larger cooking areas and more precise temperature control, making them a popular choice among serious barbecue enthusiasts.

What are the advantages of using a vertical pellet smoker over other types?
Vertical pellet smokers offer several advantages over other types of smokers. First, their vertical design allows for more efficient use of space, making it possible to smoke more food at once. Additionally, vertical pellet smokers often have more precise temperature control than other types of smokers, which can help ensure consistent results. Finally, because they use wood pellets for fuel, vertical pellet smokers are more environmentally friendly than other types of smokers..

What are the latest advancements in vertical pellet smoker technology for 2024?
In 2024, vertical pellet smoker technology continues to evolve, with manufacturers introducing new features to improve performance and convenience. Some of the latest advancements include improved temperature control systems, larger cooking areas, and more efficient pellet delivery systems. Additionally, many manufacturers are now offering mobile apps that allow users to monitor and control their smokers remotely.

How do user reviews rate the performance of Camp Chef's vertical pellet smokers?
Camp Chef's vertical pellet smokers are generally well-regarded by users, with many praising their sturdy construction, precise temperature control, and user-friendly design. However, some users have reported issues with the smoker's pellet delivery system and temperature control, and some have noted that the smoker's cooking area is smaller than that of some other brands. Overall, however, Camp Chef's vertical pellet smokers are a solid choice for home barbecue enthusiasts.