Timeline for Firefox 3.5 re-versioning

Samuel Sidler

Mar 9, 2009, 11:04:53 AM3/9/09
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey all,

I've put up a proposed timeline on the wiki for moving various systems
from Firefox 3.1 to 3.5. There's a bunch of little things that need to
get done, most (if not all) are listed on the wiki. If you see
anything missing, please let me know or just add it to the list of
affected systems.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.1/3.5

These changes are also being tracked in bug 482246 and its dependencies.

We're going to target a switchover date of March 17 (based on Firefox
3.1 beta 3 shipping this week), starting with a 1.9.1-only downtime so
that the build team can move over the tinderboxen and machines.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this
timeline or if there are systems that aren't currently listed on the
wiki page, please let me know so we can include them in the switchover.

Thanks in advance,

-Sam

Axel Hecht

Mar 9, 2009, 12:17:50 PM3/9/09

Can we structure the buildtime such that we have a small window of
downtime for the l10n builds? I.e., kick off new nightlies rather early?

Axel