Allowing a few check-ins to CVS trunk in preparation for 3.0.1 or a possible RC2

1 view
Skip to first unread message


May 22, 2008, 9:13:00 PM5/22/08
Hi Folks,

The QA team is still doing directed testing and we are collecting
feedback on RC1. We've been triaging the bugs and so far have 10 bugs
that look of the highest priority:

We are going to approve these to land on trunk so we can get regression
and nightly testing on them. If we need to do an RC2 they'll be ready
to go - if we ship RC1 we can get them in the 3.0.1. If you are an
owner of one of this bugs your assistance in landing them would be much

ONLY patches with approval1.9+ can land. We want to keep this to
*critical* bugs only (e.g. common crashes, severe breakage of major
functionality, etc) - if we have to do an RC2 the test/feedback cycle
will be shorter than a dot release.




May 22, 2008, 9:41:23 PM5/22/08
As Beltzner mentioned in an earlier email - we will make the go/no-go
decision on an RC2 Tuesday of next week once we've wrapped all testing
and evaluated feedback. This is just a set of speculative check-ins to
reduce the time needed for an RC2 or 3.0.1 if we needed one.



Shawn Wilsher

May 22, 2008, 9:54:21 PM5/22/08
What's the policy with checking into hg as well? Are these bugs landing
in just CVS, and hg later, or should they land in both places at the
same time?




May 23, 2008, 1:44:56 AM5/23/08
Hello All!

This is Sarves from Sri Lanka and we are working on Firefox
localization since Firefox 2.0.
Our ta-LK language xpi is available in AMO public. Around 2000
downloads, but still we didn't get any complains.

We also put that into the Bugzilla.
We would like to commit our localization and I have been requesting
for ta-LK locale, but still I didn't get any reply.
What should we do? how we can commit our pack... We would like to see
ta-LK with Firefox 3.

Hope someone in this group may help on this..

Thanks in advance,

Gen Kanai

May 23, 2008, 1:59:57 AM5/23/08
to Sarves,

Hello Sarves,

Thank you for your efforts for ta-LK localization.

However, this is not the right group to discuss l10n questions.

Please re-send your question to dev-l10n.

or here:

Thank you again.


Axel Hecht

May 23, 2008, 4:08:15 AM5/23/08

Hi Sarves,

sorry for the lag. We're still busy with the existing locales being in
the endgame for Firefox 3.0.

Those locales that we're shipping partly went through really rough
waters, due to us sending contradicting messages and docs being
confusing or wrong.

The not-so-good answer to your question is, I don't have a satisfying
answer for what it takes for you to ship on Firefox 3. Like, I can tell
you that web services review and in-product pages are missing at least,
but turning that into a statement that makes sense for new locales is
pending. Most locales that are now up to ship in Firefox 3.0 are
shipping Beta releases for up to half a year, and we're going back and
forth over search engines and protocol handlers with some of them still.
I bet that that's not the process you want to join.

We're currently working on fixing that, but as most of the team is
flooded, that doesn't go as quickly as we'd love to.

The same apology goes out to the other locales in the queue, and of
course to those that went through the back-and-forth.

Hope that makes sense


Ben Hearsum

May 23, 2008, 7:25:43 AM5/23/08

I'm not a decision maker, but I would guess that until mozilla-central
is open to general check-ins the answer is "not without explicit approval".

Benjamin Smedberg

May 23, 2008, 9:55:15 AM5/23/08

To nuance bhearsum's answer: please land these in CVS only for the moment.
The only things that should land in mozilla-central right now are things
that have explicit approval from me, until we figure out what's going on
with the performance regression.


Reply all
Reply to author
0 new messages