Github Changes

Paul McLanahan

Dec 15, 2016, 3:26:52 PM12/15/16
to dev-moz...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello all,

Just wanted to drop you a quick note that I've added some protections to
the "master" branch for the bedrock project on Github.

1. force push is no longer allowed to master
2. a PR must have at least one approved review before it will be mergable

I tried also adding a requirement for tests to pass for a PR in CircleCI,
but it's been quite flakey recently, and so I'm not doing that for now.
Please do let me know if any of this seems unreasonable or if you have
suggestions for improvement.

Thanks,

-- pmac

Paul McLanahan

Dec 16, 2016, 10:41:12 AM12/16/16
to dev-moz...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello again,

We think we've figured out our CircleCI issues, so I've enabled the requirement that tests pass there in order for a pull-request to be mergable. We'll monitor this for problems, and you can always appeal to a repository admin (pmac, jgmize, agibson, or giorgos) for an override if necessary. Hopefully this will have the effect of fewer PRs merged that break the master branch build, but it could well end up being more trouble than it's worth. Feel free to let us know here or in #www on irc.mozilla.org if you notice any issues.

Thanks,

- pmac