getUserMedia object support

fatima-z boujrar

Dec 7, 2017, 9:28:04 AM12/7/17
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
hello

which version of chrome and firefox the object getUserMedia is supported? because i usually get that error :

MediaStreamError { name: "NotFoundError", message: "The object can not be found here.", constraint: "", stack: "" }

in the last versions of chrome and firefox.

any help to fix it please?

Munro Chiang

Dec 8, 2017, 3:38:51 AM12/8/17
to fatima-z boujrar, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Does your machine have any video(camera) or audio(microphone) device?
If yes, please see the following examples using getUserMedia.
Press Video or Audio depending on the device you have.

<https://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/gum_test.html>
https://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/gum_test.html

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:35 PM, fatima-z boujrar <fatima...@gmail.com>

alideve...@gmail.com

May 24, 2020, 12:04:20 AM5/24/20
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
When I try this link which MozCommunity mention , I get following error NotFoundError: The object can not be found here. This same error I had in my website when I had integrated with wrtc

Nils Ohlmeier

May 24, 2020, 12:06:41 AM5/24/20
to alideve...@gmail.com, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org

> On 22May, 2020, at 06:23, alideve...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 7:28:04 PM UTC+5, fatima-z boujrar wrote:
> When I try this link which MozCommunity mention , I get following error NotFoundError: The object can not be found here. This same error I had in my website when I had integrated with wrtc

One possibility why you get this error is that recent versions of Firefox allow getUserMedia() only to be called from pages loaded via HTTPS.
Do you use HTTP or HTTPS for your site?

Best
Nils Ohlmeier