Autoplay / autoload / autobuffer firefox 79

Tias Naamachter

Aug 31, 2020, 5:33:34 PM8/31/20
to support...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Mozilla,

Recently my Nokia 7 Plus got the new firefox 79 update (build 79.0.5) for android.

Before, I could listen to audio streaming sites like the BBC rock show (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000lzw1), youtube with the desktopsite.
And I could go open another webpage start browsing, do something completly different like whatsapp or put my phone on screen lock.
And the media player would still be playing (like radio apps or spotify).

With the new update, this is not possible anymore.

Is there a setting or a way to have this working again?

With kind regards,

Tias