Sharing audio

Tsvetanka Palovska

Feb 17, 2021, 1:47:23 AM2/17/21
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Not sure if I am writing to the correct contact email address, but I am
tutoring online and I am using Mozilla as my main browser. The website I
use has a platform allowing us to share the screen but I wanted to ask if
there is a possibility to share audio as well. And if so, how should I do
it (is it from settings?)?
Please let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Tsvetanka

Paul Adenot

Mar 22, 2021, 7:53:54 AM3/22/21
to Tsvetanka Palovska, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
This is not yet possible, but there are plans to make it possible on OSes
where it is possible (Linux and Windows, not macOS).

Users are usually relying on third party software like BlackHole (macOS,
free software, https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole/) or Virtual
Audio Cable (Windows, free and paid options: https://vb-audio.com/Cable/)
to send the computer audio (or just a particular software on the computer)
to a conference call.

Paul.