RE: Choosing a license

Schalk Neethling

May 16, 2017, 6:05:57 AM5/16/17
to dev-mdn
Hey All,

Stephanie brought up the point that a lot of new MDN repositories have been
using the CC0 license as apposed to MPL. With that, what do you think would
be the appropriate license for the interactive-examples repo?

CC0
MPL 2.0

--
Kind Regards,
Schalk Neethling

Chris Mills

May 16, 2017, 8:49:20 AM5/16/17
to Schalk Neethling, dev-mdn
We decided to go with CC0 moving forward for all example repos at our Toronto meeting earlier in the year. For consistency, I’d vote to go with CC-0.

Can anyone think of a good reason not to?

Chris Mills
MDN content lead || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Kadir Topal

May 16, 2017, 9:40:13 AM5/16/17
to Chris Mills, dev-mdn, Schalk Neethling
Yeah, CC0 makes sense as code examples on MDN are already licensed as CC0 (most of them anyway).

—Kadir

Schalk Neethling

May 16, 2017, 1:43:29 PM5/16/17
to Kadir Topal, dev-mdn, Chris Mills
Seems like we have consensus. I shall update the license.

Violeta Kavardjieva

Jul 13, 2017, 3:58:57 AM7/13/17