Introduction and Suggestion

Donald Denton

May 19, 2017, 5:09:34 PM5/19/17
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello everyone,

My name is Don Denton and I am an actor with a hobby of web development.

I've found myself working part time for a company who used my web development skills for the past three years. Its been great learning from the development community. Especially the folks who have created and maintained MDN.

I have a minor suggestion for the Javascript documentation. I am not sure if this is the right place for it, but maybe if it isn’t someone can direct me to a better place.

I have spent the better part of the last year looking up Javascript functions and their current adoption by browsers. I always scroll to the bottom of a page I am on to see the compatibility tables. And every time, I click back and forth from desktop to mobile. My suggestion is to display both tables without the tabbed interface. Why hide data behind a click of the mouse when it is decidedly important to implement both desktop and mobile for any website these days?

Thanks!
~Don

Florian Scholz

May 22, 2017, 5:58:01 AM5/22/17
to Donald Denton, MDC Mailinglist
Hi Don!

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Donald Denton <dento...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a minor suggestion for the Javascript documentation. I am not sure
> if this is the right place for it, but maybe if it isn’t someone can direct
> me to a better place.

Welcome to the MDN community! You have indeed found a place where to
suggest changes to our content.

> I have spent the better part of the last year looking up Javascript
> functions and their current adoption by browsers. I always scroll to the
> bottom of a page I am on to see the compatibility tables. And every time, I
> click back and forth from desktop to mobile. My suggestion is to display
> both tables without the tabbed interface. Why hide data behind a click of
> the mouse when it is decidedly important to implement both desktop and
> mobile for any website these days?

We are planning to redesign the compatibility tables and this has been the
feedback we've heard often! So, yes, the idea is to give mobile and desktop
browser the same respect and to no longer hide the mobile information by
default.

Florian

--
Florian Scholz