Inaccuracy on Date() page of js docs

1 view

wheresrhys

Feb 10, 2012, 7:17:14 AM2/10/12
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Date/UTC

It states month can only take a value from 0 to 11, whereas in the
specs http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-262.pdf
15.9.1.12 MakeDay (which is called internally from within UTC()) it
contains provision for month to take any integer value and adjusts the
value of the year accordingly.

PS - I wanted to login to edit this myself, but browserID keeps
throwing me out

Sheppy

Feb 15, 2012, 1:38:04 PM2/15/12
On Feb 10, 7:17 am, wheresrhys <wheresr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/...
>
> It states month can only take a value from 0 to 11, whereas in the
> specshttp://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-262...
> 15.9.1.12 MakeDay (which is called internally from within UTC()) it
> contains provision for month to take any integer value and adjusts the
> value of the year accordingly.

There is already text to that effect on the page; down under the
"Description" sub-heading.

Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead
Mozilla