What we did last week

Chris Mills

May 30, 2017, 7:22:13 AM5/30/17
to MDC Mailinglist
Hello MDN!

Last week I finally got started on the update of the WebVR API, to update it to version 1.1. So far I’ve got my hardware setup working, and updated all the reference pages to show the latest spec features:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebVR_API

Next up, I’m going to work on writing a simple demo, and start adding example code snippets to the reference pages.

I also need to update the “Concepts and usage” section of the homepage to reflect the current API:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebVR_API#Concepts_and_usage

Then I’ll write a very simple usage tutorial. After that, I’ll consult with the WebVR team to work out what else we might need.

If anyone has any WebVR experience and wants to help with this stuff, please get in touch.

Who else has been doing interesting things this week?

Chris Mills
MDN content lead || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Chris Mills

Jun 5, 2017, 6:01:46 AM6/5/17
to dev-mdc [Docs]
Hello!

Here’s an update thread about what we achieved on MDN last week.

Personally, I’ve been knee-deep in WebVR code. I messed about with some WebGL/WebVR code to create some simple demos, and have now got to the point where I can start adding demo snippets to the reference docs, and writing a basic usage tutorial.

Next, I am aiming to kill a load more paper-cut docs bugs, before returning to the WebVR docs. If anyone wishes to help with these, please let me know:

DOM docs bugs: https://tree.taiga.io/project/viya-mdn-durable-team/us/2747
Media docs bugs: https://tree.taiga.io/project/viya-mdn-durable-team/us/2750
Misc docs bugs: https://tree.taiga.io/project/viya-mdn-durable-team/us/2908

Best,