[Hendrix] Reporting bugs using videos?

1 view

David Bourguignon

Apr 12, 2011, 5:43:14 AM4/12/11
Name: David Bourguignon
Email: contactatdavidbourguignondotnet
Product: Developer Center

Comments:
Dear Mozilla Dev Team,

I have recently posted a bug report on http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

Given the first feedback I received, it was clear that a text
description was not sufficient. I thought about shooting pictures, but
since this was a very specific bug, a video screen capture seemed like
the best option.

Later on, thanks to another developer, the bug case was made clearer by
comparison with another report, and I abandoned the idea of a video bug
report.

However, after discussing with Thomas Ahlblom, the developer who finally
handled my report on Bugzilla, it appears that there is a dire need for
such video bug reports, and very few tools are available for fostering this.

Therefore, I have a few questions:

- Which software would you recommend for screen capture (with possible
voice-over)?

- Is there an easy way to post video bug reports in Bugzilla?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

David.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.