Incoming strings for Firefox Send

Francesco Lodolo

Jul 24, 2020, 11:54:33 AM7/24/20
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,

In the next hours, or possibly during the week-end, you should see new
strings showing up in Pontoon for Firefox Send.

As you might be aware, Firefox Send was taken down a few days ago
because of malware abuse.
The new strings are part of the improvements to mitigate this issue;
the new content should be about 15 strings (150 words)

You'll see a very tight deadline associated with these new strings:
that's when we hope to be able to re-enable the service (roughly
second part of next week). We still plan to do frequent production
updates after that, so if your locale is not ready before the first
deadline, it will be picked up shortly after.

Francesco

Michal Stanke

Aug 9, 2020, 1:16:47 PM8/9/20
to Francesco Lodolo, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi Francesco.

It's been two weeks since you notified about the new strings, however
Firefox Send is still not in operation. Do you know any news about the
delay, or what channel I can watch to see what's the current ETA or
re-launch of the updated Send?

Thank you
--
Michal Stanke

Francesco Lodolo

Aug 9, 2020, 1:26:49 PM8/9/20
to Michal Stanke, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi Michal,

Unfortunately I don't have a date, but I hope the situation will be
clarified this upcoming week.

Send was sent out (as planned) for QA right after the l10n deadline,
and it's up on the DEV server. As far as I know, it's technically
ready to ship at any moment. What is currently missing is a go/no-go
decision from leadership, taking into account the work needed to
support the service in the future.

Francesco

Il giorno dom 9 ago 2020 alle ore 19:16 Michal Stanke

Michal Stanke

Aug 10, 2020, 6:54:56 AM8/10/20
to Francesco Lodolo, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Thank you.
--
Michal Stanke