Locale usage statistics

Paulius Andriekus

Feb 14, 2021, 10:09:51 AM2/14/21
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey folks. I remember back in the day, when I was getting started with
localising Firefox for Lithuanian, there was a tool/place where it was
possible to see some stats about the usage of Firefox for a specified
locale (in my case Lithuanian). It was an interesting and motivational
piece of information.

I wonder if it's still possible to get some information about locale usage?

--
*Paulius*

Michal Stanke

Feb 14, 2021, 10:28:35 AM2/14/21
to Paulius Andriekus, dev-l10n
Hi Paulius.

I think you mean Tableau (dataviz.mozilla.org). Is that it? There is
"Localized Firefox Desktop ADI" workbook and views where you can filter ADI
per user country, Firefox locale and version etc.
--
Michal Stanke

ne 14. 2. 2021 v 16:10 odesílatel Paulius Andriekus <pau...@mozilla.lt>

Michal Stanke

Feb 14, 2021, 10:31:16 AM2/14/21
to Paulius Andriekus, dev-l10n
Oh and btw. some I now realized that Italy is one of the regions available
in Firefox Public Data Report. So if you go to https://data.firefox.com/
and select User Activity or User Behaviour, in the top right you can select
Italy as the region you are interested and you can find the data completely
public there.
--
Michal Stanke

Francesco Lodolo

Feb 14, 2021, 10:47:56 AM2/14/21
to Paulius Andriekus, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,

In the past we used to give access to Dataviz/Tableau to localizers, but we
had several issues with those dashboards (e.g., right now it shows up empty
for me, and there's been a bug on file for a while).

I'm afraid we don't have that information easily accessible at this point.

Francesco

Il giorno dom 14 feb 2021 alle ore 16:09 Paulius Andriekus <

Paulius Andriekus

Feb 14, 2021, 12:35:19 PM2/14/21
to Francesco Lodolo, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Yes, Tableau was the place..
--
*Paulius*