localization

Bootuz

May 7, 2011, 5:42:05 AM5/7/11
to astem...@live.ru
Hello! I am writing to you asking for permission to begin to translate
Mozilla Firefox into Circassian language (Адыгэбзэ) please let me know
if you will allow us to translate!

Gen Kanai

May 8, 2011, 9:59:51 PM5/8/11
to Bootuz, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Astemir,

No one needs permission to translate Firefox into any language- it is
open to anyone to do it. Please start whenever you are ready.

This list should be able to help you get started if you have questions, etc.

Gen

Gen Kanai

Axel Hecht

May 10, 2011, 6:52:05 AM5/10/11
to Bootuz

Hi Astemir,

I've created https://bitbucket.org/mozillal10n/ady-ru/ for your cloning
pleasure on bitbucket.

I've used ady-RU because
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ady indicates that
there are significant populations in the Russian Federation using
Cyrillic script, and in Turkey using Latin script.

I guess it'd be helpful for you if there'd be someone in this group
volunteering to help you out, we call that a mentor. I assume that's
best if that person can communicate with you on Russian?

Axel

PS: Please keep the list on CC when you reply