"unchanged" changed, now with constructive links

Axel Hecht

Apr 3, 2008, 8:59:50 AM4/3/08
Hi,

I just finished whacking
http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/unchanged.html once more.

Click on the locale code you're interested in and get the 30 top files
in terms of unchanged entries.

Now, each entry is a link to bonsai, with marked sections where the
entries are that are untranslated.

To see why I'm calling unchanged unchanged, let's walk through one of
the afrikaans files, just because 'af' is the first locale.

http://bonsai-l10n.mozilla.org/cvsblame.cgi?file=/l10n/af/toolkit/chrome/mozapps/update/updates.properties&rev=1.4&mark=1-2,26-27,33-34,36-38,82,84,86,88#1

highlights the 13 unchanged entries.

Now, the first 9 are totally fine, those are just formatting entries,
and most languages will likely have something similar to English here.

The last 4 however are bad, because the user wouldn't understand what
major and minor updates he'd get.

So, go visit this page, check out what's in there, and which entries are
real. If you bookmark that page with your locale code as hash, it will
actually open that section automagically when you visit that link.

Feel free to check out what other locales have, too, it gives you an
idea on where you are in terms of coverage.

Caveat of this, it's still a manually triggered page. I do have the
revision of your locale file in the link, you if you think that's wrong,
just click on the cvs log on the bonsai page to see if that version
picked up what you have. If I should rerun the stats, just tell me. It's
not too hard to do, but I didn't focus on automation just yet.

HTH

Axel

Robert Kaiser

Apr 3, 2008, 1:04:50 PM4/3/08
Axel Hecht wrote:
> I just finished whacking
> http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/unchanged.html once more.

Thanks, this is a really helpful instrument for QAing our own work. I
already filed bugs for all affected platform (not browser/) files that
could bear (trivial) fixups in German ;-)

Robert Kaiser

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Apr 3, 2008, 2:57:55 PM4/3/08
Axel Hecht escribió:
Axel Hecht escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I just finished whacking
> http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/unchanged.html once more.
>
> Click on the locale code you're interested in and get the 30 top files
> in terms of unchanged entries.
>
> Now, each entry is a link to bonsai, with marked sections where the
> entries are that are untranslated.
> (...)

Pretty impressive and useful. Thank you very much! :-)

Ricardo

Axel Hecht

Apr 7, 2008, 8:46:31 PM4/7/08
FYI, I just updated the trunk page.