iOS v29 launched delayed = more time for l10n

Delphine L

Sep 8, 2020, 8:56:37 PM9/8/20
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

I guess the title sums it quite well...

More details: we have to delay iOS v29, because the new features
introduced depend on the next iOS update - but we don’t have a clear
date for that yet.
We *should* know more by Sept 15.

What does this mean?
I've updated the deadline in Pontoon to Sept 15.
You have updated screenshots here (and under Pontoon ressources for
the project): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I7Fa_J08uPQTOcjwljdeZEEEYAuiTReb

This means you still have time to review your work and make any needed
changes. And to finish up anything pending for this release.

As usual, please reach out to me with any questions.

thank you!

cheers
--
Delphine

Delphine L

Sep 15, 2020, 5:10:20 PM9/15/20
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

I confirm that the new l10n deadline for v29 has been hit (note: there
are some issues with localization import but the iOS team is currently
working on it).
I've therefore taken out the deadline in Pontoon. I'll add one back
once we know the deadline for v30 and get the strings exposed for
that.

thanks!
--
Delphine

Delphine L

Oct 2, 2020, 2:01:48 PM10/2/20
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

Unfortunately, seems like there are still things pending before we can
submit v29 to Apple.

This means you still have time to work on your v29 strings, which is
why I've updated the deadline in Pontoon. Note that this might slip a
bit more, but at least, it gives you more time to catch up and also
test your work.

Screenshots should be updated some time early next week. Please pay
extra attention to the new widget feature, as strings will probably
truncate in many languages.

Thanks for all your hard work, as always!
have a good weekend

cheers
--
Delphine

Delphine L

Oct 6, 2020, 2:16:49 PM10/6/20
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

Screenshots for the new widget feature in v29 can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zwZZBuHkQziVHUVdVyM1jm4lSU-byGkj?usp=gmail

Note that in the end, v29 will only ship with only one type of small
widget, i.e. "Search in Firefox".

You still have today and Wednesday to go over them and make changes in
Pontoon. Thursday morning PST, I will sign-off on locales so they make
it into v29.

thanks!
--
Delphine