Are deadlines in GMT?

Eduardo Trápani

Aug 11, 2020, 7:15:59 PM8/11/20
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
The dealine for Firefox is/was August 11. But Pontoon is already showing
September 8.

When do dealines actually kick in? I though I had a couple of hours left
(according to my time zone), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Can someone confirm the timezone used for deadlines? (Pontoon, build
systems) I'm trying to figure out if I still have time to squeeze in
some translations.

Francesco Lodolo

Aug 11, 2020, 9:06:54 PM8/11/20
to Eduardo Trápani, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,

Deadlines are managed manually in Pontoon, there's no automation. In
case of Firefox, they're more a reference than a strict deadline,
since I still take sign-offs in the 12 hours after.
Given that they're manual, I normally change them before the end of my
day, to avoid showing a deadline that already passed.

Francesco

Il giorno mer 12 ago 2020 alle ore 01:15 Eduardo Trápani

Delphine L

Aug 12, 2020, 2:17:09 PM8/12/20
to Francesco Lodolo, Eduardo Trápani, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
For mobile it's also more a reference than a hard deadline: I typically
sign-off the next day (PST) than the called out date in Pontoon, to ensure
people have the time to go in and finish their work.
So that's generally between 12 and 24h later than the announced date on
Pontoon.

I go in and put in the next deadline as soon as I know what it is going to
be.

cheers
delphine
--