Interest in localized Thunderbird 3 pre-releases?

Simon Paquet

Jun 2, 2008, 9:40:49 AM6/2/08
Hi guys,

last week David Ascher and I discussed the state of Thunderbird
localization on the trunk with regards to future pre-releases (codename
Shredder) of the next major Thunderbird milestone, Thunderbird 3.

As some of you may know, the first pre-release Shredder alpha 1 was
only released in English. Since many testers in the community come from
places where English isn't the native language it might make sense to
push out localized releases of future pre-releases as well to broaden
the range of possible testers.

My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
following beta release(s)?

Looking at the tinderboxen right now, this is the current status:

Green tinderbox:
================
cs, de, fr, pl

Orange tinderbox:
=================
be, es-ES, ko, lt, nb-NO, nn-NO, ru, sv-SE, tr

Red tinderbox:
==============
af, bg, ca, da, el, en-GB, es-AR, eu, fi, ga-IE, gu-IN, he, hu, it,
ja, ja-JP-mac, mk, mn, nl,pa-IN, pt-BR, ro, sk, sl, zh-CN, zh-TW

I expect that the teams that currently have green tinderboxen will
continue to keep their localization up-to-date and will therefore
have no problems in opting in to do a localized pre-release.

My question therefore goes out mainly to the other teams, whether
they would be interested in doing localized pre-releases or if they
only have the resources to jump in when the final release is
approaching.

Thanks in advance guys
Simon

--
Calendar l10n coordinator
Calendar Website Maintainer: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

Axel Hecht

Jun 2, 2008, 10:27:40 AM6/2/08
Is there any decision yet on what you're actually asking people to do?

Like, which reps are involved, how does it get built, which things do
you need to pull and watch and update etc?

Axel

F Wolff

Jun 2, 2008, 11:46:50 AM6/2/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On Ma, 2008-06-02 at 15:40 +0200, Simon Paquet wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> last week David Ascher and I discussed the state of Thunderbird
> localization on the trunk with regards to future pre-releases (codename
> Shredder) of the next major Thunderbird milestone, Thunderbird 3.
>
> As some of you may know, the first pre-release Shredder alpha 1 was
> only released in English. Since many testers in the community come from
> places where English isn't the native language it might make sense to
> push out localized releases of future pre-releases as well to broaden
> the range of possible testers.
>
> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

Hallo Simon

The Afrikaans (af) as a rule only get involved in translating official
releases. Any developers getting involved in testing will most likely
understand English well.

Keep well
Friedel

wladow

Jun 2, 2008, 12:04:26 PM6/2/08
Simon Paquet wrote / napísal(a):

> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

sk will be there for sure

--

wladow

Kevin Scannell

Jun 2, 2008, 12:04:59 PM6/2/08
On Jun 2, 8:40 am, Simon Paquet <web...@babylonsounds.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> last week David Ascher and I discussed the state of Thunderbird
> localization on the trunk with regards to future pre-releases (codename
> Shredder) of the next major Thunderbird milestone, Thunderbird 3.
>
> As some of you may know, the first pre-release Shredder alpha 1 was
> only released in English. Since many testers in the community come from
> places where English isn't the native language it might make sense to
> push out localized releases of future pre-releases as well to broaden
> the range of possible testers.
>
> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

Irish (ga-IE) Thunderbird is almost 100% translated - our tinderbox
will go green next time I check in. I'm willing to keep it green for
pre-releases.
Kevin

Toni Hermoso Pulido

Jun 2, 2008, 12:10:08 PM6/2/08
to Simon Paquet, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

Julen

Jun 2, 2008, 12:58:06 PM6/2/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Toni Hermoso Pulido
<ton...@softcatala.org> wrote:

> After Firefox 3 release, our community will be able to focus more on the
> rest of products. And we would try to be green again.
>
> Cheers!

Apply the same for Basque.

Julen.

Cédric Corazza

Jun 2, 2008, 1:19:48 PM6/2/08
Simon Paquet a écrit :

> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?
Hi,

The French locale is opting in.

Regards

Alexander L. Slovesnik

Jun 2, 2008, 1:32:39 PM6/2/08
> My question therefore goes out mainly to the other teams, whether
> they would be interested in doing localized pre-releases or if they
> only have the resources to jump in when the final release is
> approaching.

Russian locale is opting in.

--
Sincerely yours,
Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost

Stefan Plewako

Jun 2, 2008, 2:53:44 PM6/2/08
Simon Paquet pisze:

> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

Hey Simon

Polish team is interested in every possible localized release, we are green almost all the time so, it shouldn't be a problem - however it would be useful to know some details, like mentioned by Axel, possible dates or any other thing that will be needed to actually opt-in.

Regards,
Stefan Plewako

--
Aviary.pl l10n team
http://www.aviary.pl

Simon Paquet

Jun 2, 2008, 4:44:53 PM6/2/08
Stefan Plewako wrote:

>> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
>> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
>> following beta release(s)?
>
>Hey Simon
>
>Polish team is interested in every possible localized release, we are
>green almost all the time so, it shouldn't be a problem - however it
>would be useful to know some details, like mentioned by Axel,
>possible dates or any other thing that will be needed to actually
>opt-in.

Sure thing.

- The next release (Shredder a2) will come from the cvs trunk, so no
change to what's there right now
- The next release is currently scheduled for a timeframe ranging from
mid-July to the end of July
- Code freeze for the pre-release is scheduled for the 8th of July
- There will most likely be no string freeze before the code freeze. The
string freeze will coincide with the code freeze.

Is there anything more you need to know?

Simon Paquet

Jun 2, 2008, 4:31:33 PM6/2/08
Axel Hecht wrote:

>Is there any decision yet on what you're actually asking people to do?

Well, right now we're not asking for anything yet. We only want to get a
feeling for the current state of TB pre-release localization willingness.

>Like, which reps are involved,

Thunderbird 3 is currently developed on the CVS trunk. No decisions have
been made towards a switch to another repository that I'm aware of.

>how does it get built, which things do you need to pull and watch and
>update etc?

As TB development has not yet switched to another repo, these questions
are currently irrelevant and will likely stay irrelevant at least until
the next pre-release Shredder a2 (alpha 2).

Stefan Plewako

Jun 2, 2008, 5:48:53 PM6/2/08
Simon Paquet pisze:

> Is there anything more you need to know?

No, that should be enough.

Thanks!
Stef

Axel Hecht

Jun 2, 2008, 8:36:45 PM6/2/08
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Stefan Plewako wrote:
>
>>> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
>>> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
>>> following beta release(s)?
>> Hey Simon
>>
>> Polish team is interested in every possible localized release, we are
>> green almost all the time so, it shouldn't be a problem - however it
>> would be useful to know some details, like mentioned by Axel,
>> possible dates or any other thing that will be needed to actually
>> opt-in.
>
> Sure thing.
>
> - The next release (Shredder a2) will come from the cvs trunk, so no
> change to what's there right now
> - The next release is currently scheduled for a timeframe ranging from
> mid-July to the end of July
> - Code freeze for the pre-release is scheduled for the 8th of July
> - There will most likely be no string freeze before the code freeze. The
> string freeze will coincide with the code freeze.
>
> Is there anything more you need to know?

What we tried to do for Firefox was to actually do a string freeze on
the Friday before code freeze. That way, localizers have the weekend,
possibly Monday, to catch up, while the weekend is hopefully not having
that many landings anymore anyway. I know that we pretty much blasted
that concept for Beta1, but after that, it mostly worked.

Might be something to aim at.

I'm not sure if I can offer to host shredder builds on l10n.m.o. The
quick turnaround times of that significantly helped in shipping the
"best effort" builds on fx, IMHO.

The actual builds is less of a problem than the reporting
infrastructure, I guess.

I'm not sure if we have a good handle on getting more manpower on the
problem, sadly.

Axel

Robert Kaiser

Jun 2, 2008, 9:05:16 PM6/2/08
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Thunderbird 3 is currently developed on the CVS trunk. No decisions have
> been made towards a switch to another repository that I'm aware of.

Well, it's being very actively discussed to switch to 1.9.1, which sits
in hg - but nothing has been decided yet.
The L10n story for that fully depends on what strucuture the source will
be in - and SeaMonkey has the same problem, so at least we can figure
this out together.

Robert Kaiser

Mad Maks

Jun 3, 2008, 3:50:41 AM6/3/08
to Simon Paquet
The nl tinderboxes are green and i hope to keep them green for the
thunderbird alpha release

Greetings Tim Maks

Ankit Patel

Jun 3, 2008, 4:35:15 AM6/3/08
to Simon Paquet, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
What's the deadline to complete the Thunderbird 3 translations?

[...]

Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

Axel Hecht

Jun 3, 2008, 5:23:10 AM6/3/08

grr, mailnews uses

foo = this is a rather \
long sentence.

i.e., \ to escape the newline. My parsers currently don't support that :-(

So for those of you that try to run compare-locales, python version,
you'll see missing entites like "_junk_9_12278-12407".

pl/mail/chrome/messenger
imapMsgs.properties
_junk_9_12278-12407
messenger.properties
_junk_10_12533-12932

to be precise. Those that just use the perl version will not see their
utf-8 encoding problems and such. Great deal.

More to come.

Axel

Sarves

Jun 3, 2008, 6:09:15 AM6/3/08
Hi

We are from Sri Lanka. We already localized Thunderbird 2.x in Sinhala
(si) and Tamil (ta-LK) and they are available in AMO.
We would like to commit them for Thunderbird 3.
How we can proceed this?

/Sarves
Sri Lanka

Simon Paquet

Jun 3, 2008, 7:49:32 AM6/3/08
Ankit Patel wrote on 03. Jun 2008:

> What's the deadline to complete the Thunderbird 3 translations?

Ankit, just to make this clear right up-front. My inquiry was just
about pre-releases of Thunderbird 3 (codename Shredder), not the final
release.

The final release is not expected before the end of this year and no
deadlines have been finalized for it.

The next *pre-release* (Shredder alpha2) will happen between mid- and
end-July with a likely code/string freeze on July 8.

Simon Paquet

Jun 3, 2008, 7:53:26 AM6/3/08

You should commit your localization to the cvs trunk (HEAD). Then
run the compare-locales script and fix all outstanding issues. After
this open a bug to get your locale added to the all-locales file
(CC me on the bug with my bugmail "bugzilla AT babylonsounds DOT com").

Once you have been added to this file, the tinderboxen will start to
produce localized trunk builds, which you can use to further test your
localization.

Ankitkumar Patel

Jun 3, 2008, 8:38:26 AM6/3/08
to Simon Paquet
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Ankit Patel wrote on 03. Jun 2008:
>
>> What's the deadline to complete the Thunderbird 3 translations?
>
> Ankit, just to make this clear right up-front. My inquiry was just
> about pre-releases of Thunderbird 3 (codename Shredder), not the final
> release.
>
> The final release is not expected before the end of this year and no
> deadlines have been finalized for it.
>
> The next *pre-release* (Shredder alpha2) will happen between mid- and
> end-July with a likely code/string freeze on July 8.
>
> Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for responding and clearing the doubt regarding the schedule.

Axel Hecht

Jun 3, 2008, 8:59:11 AM6/3/08
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Sarves wrote on 03. Jun 2008:
>
>> We are from Sri Lanka. We already localized Thunderbird 2.x in Sinhala
>> (si) and Tamil (ta-LK) and they are available in AMO.
>> We would like to commit them for Thunderbird 3.
>> How we can proceed this?
>
> You should commit your localization to the cvs trunk (HEAD). Then
> run the compare-locales script and fix all outstanding issues. After
> this open a bug to get your locale added to the all-locales file
> (CC me on the bug with my bugmail "bugzilla AT babylonsounds DOT com").
>
> Once you have been added to this file, the tinderboxen will start to
> produce localized trunk builds, which you can use to further test your
> localization.
>
> Simon

Simon, there have been enough people commenting on this hastily, thanks.

Sinhala is actually worked on by Danishka, at least for fx3 trunk. There
is loads of coordination pending over there.

For trunk, I'll pick up the debris of the queue as soon as the docs
aren't a bag of lies anymore.

Axel

Simon Paquet

Jun 3, 2008, 9:45:10 AM6/3/08
Axel Hecht wrote on 03. Jun 2008:

> Simon, there have been enough people commenting on this
> hastily, thanks.
>
> Sinhala is actually worked on by Danishka, at least for fx3
> trunk. There is loads of coordination pending over there.

Sorry for that. I didn't know that the team request was still
pending here. It's hard to keep track of things when you're not
doing this full-time, you know.

Stefan Plewako

Jun 3, 2008, 10:40:23 AM6/3/08
Axel Hecht pisze:

> grr, mailnews uses
>
> foo = this is a rather \
> long sentence.
>
> i.e., \ to escape the newline. My parsers currently don't support that :-(
>
> So for those of you that try to run compare-locales, python version,
> you'll see missing entites like "_junk_9_12278-12407".
>
> pl/mail/chrome/messenger
> imapMsgs.properties
> _junk_9_12278-12407
> messenger.properties
> _junk_10_12533-12932
>
> to be precise. Those that just use the perl version will not see their
> utf-8 encoding problems and such. Great deal.

To be precise: there are no such line breaks in polish trunk imapMsgs.properties or messenger.properties (and probably whole mail).

Stef

Axel Hecht

Jun 3, 2008, 10:52:53 AM6/3/08

Right, but en-US has them, and my parser currently considers them to
unparseble junk, with a pretty unique entity name wrapping that "junk".
Now, the code is such that it doesn't like broken en-US, so instead of
saying that, it expects to see the same bustage in l10n, wich is wrong.

Right fix is to fix the parser, which I'd be working on, if I hadn't
gone through the interesting experience of landing my first patch from a
mercurial queue in a local clone up into mozilla-central.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Jun 3, 2008, 11:44:48 AM6/3/08
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Axel Hecht wrote on 03. Jun 2008:
>
>> Simon, there have been enough people commenting on this hastily, thanks.
>>
>> Sinhala is actually worked on by Danishka, at least for fx3 trunk.
>> There is loads of coordination pending over there.
>
> Sorry for that. I didn't know that the team request was still
> pending here. It's hard to keep track of things when you're not
> doing this full-time, you know.

np, just that folks on l10n-drivers already did the same thing. Which
makes getting things back together so much more unwieldy.

Axel

Stefan Plewako

Jun 3, 2008, 12:48:21 PM6/3/08
Axel Hecht pisze:

> Right, but en-US has them, and my parser currently considers them to
> unparseble junk, with a pretty unique entity name wrapping that "junk".
> Now, the code is such that it doesn't like broken en-US, so instead of
> saying that, it expects to see the same bustage in l10n, wich is wrong.

This is not the best idea to expect that ab-CD will be 1:1 copy of en-US, especially when it comes to unparseble junk - for me that's not a problem (at least until it don't breaks build) but I think that logic should be changed too.

> Right fix is to fix the parser, which I'd be working on, if I hadn't
> gone through the interesting experience of landing my first patch from a
> mercurial queue in a local clone up into mozilla-central.

Good luck!

Sarves

Jun 3, 2008, 4:24:40 PM6/3/08
to dani...@gmail.com
> Simon, there have been enough people commenting on this hastily, thanks.
> Sinhala is actually worked on by Danishka, at least for fx3 trunk. There
> is loads of coordination pending over there.
> For trunk, I'll pick up the debris of the queue as soon as the docs
> aren't a bag of lies anymore.
> Axel

Alex,

Just a clarification.
Of course Danishka Navin is done with Firefix 3 and we are happy with
it. But as far as I know he is not started with Thunderbird yet.
We done it for Thunderbird 2.x sometime ago (http://www.lakapps.lk/
websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Lakapps&path=%2FThunderbird%2FSinhala
%2Fsi-LK-tb.xpi) and we will put a bug on this soon.
I am wondering that whats wrong with ta-LK?
(Thunderbird bug report for ta-LK : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=420023)

I am copying this message to Danishka too.

/Sarves

Rohana Dasanayaka

Jun 3, 2008, 11:59:56 PM6/3/08
to Sarves, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
The Bug report of Firefox and Thunderbird for si-LK is,

We have already uploaded source files for Thunderbird 2.0.0.x.

Thanks,
Rohana.

Rimas Kudelis

Jun 4, 2008, 3:17:32 AM6/4/08
Simon Paquet rašė:

> Hi guys,
>
> last week David Ascher and I discussed the state of Thunderbird
> localization on the trunk with regards to future pre-releases (codename
> Shredder) of the next major Thunderbird milestone, Thunderbird 3.
>
> As some of you may know, the first pre-release Shredder alpha 1 was
> only released in English. Since many testers in the community come from
> places where English isn't the native language it might make sense to
> push out localized releases of future pre-releases as well to broaden
> the range of possible testers.
>
> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

Tinderbox for Lithuanian (lt) is orange, but I try to keep strings up to
date, and synchronize them often enough. So yes, we (the lt team) would
be interested in doing all betas etc. :)

RQ

Håvard Mork

Jun 4, 2008, 1:59:53 PM6/4/08
Simon Paquet skrev:

> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

nb-NO and nn-NO opting in.

Axel Hecht

Jun 4, 2008, 7:09:25 PM6/4/08

Got code, still needs a bit to actually be bullet proof, but there's a
preliminary output on the state of the tree a few days ago at
<http://l10n.mozilla.org/~axel/shredder20080603.html>.

Axel

文少华

Jun 5, 2008, 5:22:30 AM6/5/08
to Simon Paquet, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
zh-CN is green now and we'll keep it green for the incoming releases.

BR.
Holy

Gia Shervashidze

Jun 5, 2008, 5:44:53 AM6/5/08
Simon Paquet იწერება:

> Hi guys,
>
> last week David Ascher and I discussed the state of Thunderbird
> localization on the trunk with regards to future pre-releases (codename
> Shredder) of the next major Thunderbird milestone, Thunderbird 3.
>
> As some of you may know, the first pre-release Shredder alpha 1 was
> only released in English. Since many testers in the community come from
> places where English isn't the native language it might make sense to
> push out localized releases of future pre-releases as well to broaden
> the range of possible testers.
>
> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?
>
> Looking at the tinderboxen right now, this is the current status:
>
> Green tinderbox:
> ================
> cs, de, fr, pl
>
> Orange tinderbox:
> =================
> be, es-ES, ko, lt, nb-NO, nn-NO, ru, sv-SE, tr
>
> Red tinderbox:
> ==============
> af, bg, ca, da, el, en-GB, es-AR, eu, fi, ga-IE, gu-IN, he, hu, it,
> ja, ja-JP-mac, mk, mn, nl,pa-IN, pt-BR, ro, sk, sl, zh-CN, zh-TW
>

> I expect that the teams that currently have green tinderboxen will
> continue to keep their localization up-to-date and will therefore
> have no problems in opting in to do a localized pre-release.
>
> My question therefore goes out mainly to the other teams, whether
> they would be interested in doing localized pre-releases or if they
> only have the resources to jump in when the final release is
> approaching.
>
> Thanks in advance guys
> Simon

ka (Georgian)

Marcelo Poli

Jun 6, 2008, 12:09:54 AM6/6/08
es-AR team is focusing on Firefox 3.
Thunderbird tinderbox will be green after FX3 release.

Brian King

Jun 6, 2008, 11:35:44 AM6/6/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Simon Paquet wrote:

> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?

The Slovene (sl) team is interested, in principle. However we need to
pull in a bit more translating manpower and can not promise anything
yet. We'll jump in at some point, but are just not sure of what release.

- Brian

dynamis

Jun 9, 2008, 2:12:44 AM6/9/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Simon and all.

In short: ja/ja-JP-mac will also opt-in to Shredder Alpha 2.

Thunderbird 3 hadn't planned to be released just after Firefox (like
the past) and we Japanese team have been focused on Firefox 3 to make
best quality with small man power.
Once Firefox 3 is released we'll focus on Thunderbird 3 of course.

2008/6/3 Simon Paquet <si...@gmx.de>:

> - The next release (Shredder a2) will come from the cvs trunk, so no
> change to what's there right now
> - The next release is currently scheduled for a timeframe ranging from
> mid-July to the end of July
> - Code freeze for the pre-release is scheduled for the 8th of July
> - There will most likely be no string freeze before the code freeze. The
> string freeze will coincide with the code freeze.

Not 100% sure yet but with this time frame we most likely be able to join A2.
The only concern about the time frame is: Will L10n freeze coincide
with code freeze or not?
Without string freeze, if build will start just after the code freeze
some localizers cannot catch up with the latest en-US and their l10n
builds will fail.
I think it's ok if:
- there will be no l10n freeze and build will start after one or two
days after the code freeze
- or, l10n builds will be made few days later than en-US one (during en-US QA)

Thanks.

--
dynamis

Mozilla Japan : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/
L10N Center : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/l10n/
Translation Div : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/td/

Rimas Kudelis

Jun 9, 2008, 9:51:19 AM6/9/08
Axel Hecht rašė:

> Got code, still needs a bit to actually be bullet proof, but there's a
> preliminary output on the state of the tree a few days ago at
> <http://l10n.mozilla.org/~axel/shredder20080603.html>.

Axel, please also include lt when you update shredder stats next time :)

RQ

Axel Hecht

Jun 9, 2008, 10:26:21 AM6/9/08

Actually, those locales that are built and not on the shredder page just
didn't show any errors or warnings, and are thus green ;-)

Yeah, it's a hack.

Axel

Rimas Kudelis

Jun 9, 2008, 11:08:31 AM6/9/08
Axel Hecht rašė:

OIC, OK :)

RQ

Ricardo Palomares Martinez

Jun 9, 2008, 1:45:52 PM6/9/08
Simon Paquet escribió:

> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
> following beta release(s)?
>
> Looking at the tinderboxen right now, this is the current status:
>
> Orange tinderbox:
> =================
> be, es-ES, ko, lt, nb-NO, nn-NO, ru, sv-SE, tr

Wow, I'm offline for a while...

I try to keep es-ES green in trunk, but I do it a somewhat lazy way.
However, once a date is set for a pre-release, I expect to do my best
to keep it green at any time.

Ricardo.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Roberto Pincipiano

Jun 10, 2008, 12:54:14 PM6/10/08
Simon Paquet ha scritto:

> My question therefore goes out mainly to the other teams, whether
> they would be interested in doing localized pre-releases or if they
> only have the resources to jump in when the final release is
> approaching.

"it" is green now.

Roberto

Filip Miletic

Jun 10, 2008, 6:54:22 PM6/10/08
> On Ma, 2008-06-02 at 15:40 +0200, Simon Paquet wrote:
>> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
>> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
>> following beta release(s)?

I would like to have 'sr' l10n, but am unsure how to start it. TB is
mostly translated for Serbian, but I've yet to check if all is well.

Mark Tyndall

Jun 11, 2008, 4:45:34 AM6/11/08

Likewise for en-GB - I'm interested and plan to get green for at least
the betas, and possibly more, time permitting.

Mark..

Axel Hecht

Jun 11, 2008, 4:57:36 AM6/11/08

File a bug in Thunderbird, Build Config, CC me and sipaq, to get sr
added to the trunk builds.

Axel

Siarhei

Jun 17, 2008, 1:47:12 PM6/17/08
Hi,

Belarusian team is interested in doing localized pre-releases.

Hope, I'm not late :-)

Siarhei

Simon Paquet напісаў(ла):

Axel Hecht

Jun 17, 2008, 2:41:49 PM6/17/08
Siarhei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Belarusian team is interested in doing localized pre-releases.
>
> Hope, I'm not late :-)

Nothing really happened so far.

Axel

Fryske Firefox

Jun 24, 2008, 6:37:23 AM6/24/08
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Simon,

We haven't started localizing files for Thunderbird, but are planning to
make it a project.
We already did the Frisian Firefox (fy-NL).
Can you tell me what the planning roughly will be for Thunderbird?
3rd or last quarter, or maybe more precise?

Thanks in advance.

>> My question is, which of the localizing teams would be interested in
>> doing localized releases of the next alpha release (alpha 2) and the
>> following beta release(s)?

Kind regards,
--
Wim
fryske...@gmail.com

Ayman Hourieh

Jun 26, 2008, 5:10:50 PM6/26/08
On Jun 2, 2:40 pm, Simon Paquet <web...@babylonsounds.com> wrote:

> My question therefore goes out mainly to the other teams, whether
> they would be interested in doing localized pre-releases or if they
> only have the resources to jump in when the final release is
> approaching.

Hi Simon,

For Arabic, we have an unofficial translation XPI for Thunderbird 2.0,
but the files are not in the Mozilla repository. We are interested in
continuing our efforts on Thunderbird 3 and making the translation
official. I have 2 questions:

* Is it still possible to make an official release of Arabic
Thunderbird 2.0, or is it too late?

* For Thunderbird 3.0, since we don't have any files in the repository
yet, is it OK to commit the files directly, or should the files go
through a review procedure of some sort first?

Thanks for your help.

-Ayman

Axel Hecht

Jun 26, 2008, 5:41:37 PM6/26/08

For tb3, I'd be happy for you to just land your work. I'm not so sure
where that's going to leave us for tb2 right now, given that the bonsai
magic we have for fx3 doesn't work on the 1.8 branch.

Axel