[ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 release schedule

Seth Bindernagel

Oct 15, 2008, 7:53:23 PM10/15/08
to dev-l10n
Hi Everyone:

The string freeze for the Firefox 3.1 beta 2 is going to be Thursday, October 30 at 11:59 PM (Mountain View, CA time), which is just over two weeks from now. Code freeze will be Tuesday, November 4 (Mountain View, CA time) at 11:59 PM.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-10-15#Firefox_3.1

If you did not make FF 3.1 beta 1, we would love for you to participate in the next beta release. The l10n-drivers team has a goal of a fully-localized beta, so please let us know what we can do to help you as you get in beta 2. We are here to help you so please just ask.

Here are some important resources for you to check:

* Pike's l10n dashboard: http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/
* L10n Tinderbox: http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla-l10n
* Mercurial tips and tools: http://developer.mozilla.org/En/L10n_on_Mercurial

If you run into problems, please ask for help in this group, on #l10n or on #hg.

Just like last time, we would love volunteers who participated in beta 1 to mentor other localizers. If you're feeling comfortable with hg and have some cycles, please follow up on this thread and offer your help. :)

Finally, many thanks to the localization teams who participated in localizing FF 3.1 beta 1. Congratulations! That was the highest number of locales to participate in a beta 1. We shipped FF 3.1b1 yesterday and you can see the list of participating locales here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

It's a pleasure working with you all, so please ping me directly with questions or requests for help. I want to hear from you.

Warm regards,

Seth