Proton work for mobile

Delphine L

Apr 2, 2021, 2:45:41 PM4/2/21
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

We have recently learned that Proton
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Proton> work will also happen on mobile,
for both Android and iOS. This is similar to the desktop UI redesign that
Flod has been communicating about regularly.

I am currently working closely with UX to understand which terms are going
to change, and how this work impacts l10n. After a first analysis, the
amount of string rework for Proton should be very little compared to
desktop, and will mostly affect Firefox for iOS. I will be able to give
more details after Easter (since most people are off right now).

Some dates:
Firefox for Android strings should have started landing and will land until
April 15th. You will then have until April 20th to complete and test the
remaining work.
Firefox for iOS strings should land all in one bulk on April 8th, and you
will have until April 29th to complete and test your work.

Stay tuned for more information coming up soon!

cheers
--
Delphine