Missing translation on menu

Marcelo Ghelman

Jul 19, 2020, 2:20:12 PM7/19/20
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all,

When we are on a site, the "*Add-ons*" item on the main menu is not
translated.
And when you select it, both "*Add-ons*" and "*Add-ons Manager*" items are
also not translated.
I already searched for on Pontoon, but didn't find it.
I tried this on pt-BR, French, Italian and Hebrew, it's always the same.
By the way, the icons next to all menu items are great to try languages I
don't understand, but want to see how it looks like.

Saudações,
Marcelo

Francesco Lodolo

Jul 20, 2020, 1:39:59 AM7/20/20
to Marcelo Ghelman, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi Marcelo,

I'm not sure I follow. Can you provide more details to reproduce it?
More questions below

> When we are on a site, the "*Add-ons*" item on the main menu is not
> translated.
> And when you select it, both "*Add-ons*" and "*Add-ons Manager*" items are
> also not translated.

What do you mean "on a site"? Do you have specific examples?

Menus don't depend on the website you're visiting, unless you have
some add-ons that change that. If that's the case, it shouldn't happen
on a new profile.

> I already searched for on Pontoon, but didn't find it.
> I tried this on pt-BR, French, Italian and Hebrew, it's always the same.
> By the way, the icons next to all menu items are great to try languages I
> don't understand, but want to see how it looks like.
>
> Saudações,
> Marcelo

Delphine L

Jul 20, 2020, 11:36:40 AM7/20/20
to Francesco Lodolo, Marcelo Ghelman, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi everyone,

I've raised this to the mobile team, and they should be taking care of this
very soon. Those strings unfrotunately never made it into Pontoon.

I'll keep everyone posted here on the outcome.

Thanks!
delphine
--
Delphine

Marcelo Ghelman

Jul 27, 2020, 11:07:11 AM7/27/20
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
I forgot to say that I was talking about Fenix (Firefox Nightly for
Android).
On the start page, the menu is shorter, and have an "Add-ons" item that is
correctly translated.
But when we're viewing any site, the menu changes, now with page related
items.
In this menu, the first item is "*Add-ons*". Selecting it, a submenu
appears with the installed extensions and the "*Add-ons Manager*" item.
These 2 menu items didn't have translation strings in Pontoon.
After Delphine raised this to the mobile team, these strings were included
in Pontoon (pt-BR URLs):
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/pt-BR/android-l10n/all-resources/?string=213827
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/pt-BR/android-l10n/all-resources/?string=213837
This happened 5 days ago, but until now it didn't make it to Nightly for
Android.

Em seg., 20 de jul. de 2020 às 12:36, Delphine L <lebedel....@gmail.com>

Delphine L

Jul 27, 2020, 2:54:24 PM7/27/20
to Marcelo Ghelman, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the update. These should get in the Nightly version very soon,
with the next l10n string import for a-c. Please don't hesitate to reach
out to me directly if you still don't see the localized strings soon.

thanks!

cheers
delphine

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 8:07 AM Marcelo Ghelman <marcelo...@gmail.com>