Some strings for Firefox Reality

Delphine L

Nov 18, 2020, 2:47:04 PM11/18/20
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

I just exposed some strings for Firefox Reality. This remains a low
priority project in terms of l10n work: we recently learned that it would
probably be continued until the end of 2021, but the number of strings that
will land from now on is minimal.

Again, once thanks for all the hard work!

cheers
--
Delphine

Michael Wolf

Nov 19, 2020, 2:16:50 PM11/19/20
Delphine L schrieb:
Hi Delphine,

the Pontoon Add-on from Michal Stahnke reported 82 strings for Android
L10n on Pontoon. They are not included in Sorbian Android L10n strings.
Are those strings for Firefox Reality that is not translated into
Sorbian languages?

Thanks,

Michael

Delphine L

Nov 19, 2020, 2:39:36 PM11/19/20
to Michael Wolf, dev-l10n
Hi Michael,

Sorbian never was part of the locale list for Reality, which is why you
don't see the strings appear under android-l10n for your locale.
The list of locales has always remained very small for Reality
unfortunately, as per Product request.
We are also not adding any new locales, since the project will be sunsetted.

Basically, here is the list of Reality locales:
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/android-l10n/blob/master/MozillaReality/FirefoxReality/l10n.toml

I know this is confusing :)

Thanks for checking in!

cheers
delphine

Delphine

Michael Wolf

Nov 19, 2020, 3:04:29 PM11/19/20
Delphine L schrieb:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Sorbian never was part of the locale list for Reality, which is why you
> don't see the strings appear under android-l10n for your locale.
> The list of locales has always remained very small for Reality
> unfortunately, as per Product request.
> We are also not adding any new locales, since the project will be sunsetted.

Hi Delphine,

I know that Sorbian languages are not a part of the locale list for
Reality but I didn't know if the Reality strings are among the
Android-l10n strings. Therefore I asked you. I don't intend to translate
Firefox Reality into Sorbian languages.

Thank you very much,

Michael

Delphine L

Nov 19, 2020, 4:22:41 PM11/19/20
to Michael Wolf, dev-l10n
Ah sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, Reality strings are among the
android-l10n strings!