Cleaning up Pontoon projects after Mozilla layoff and reorganization

Jeff Beatty

Aug 24, 2020, 11:03:01 AM8/24/20
to dev-l10n
Hi everyone,

As you’ve seen in the news, the Mozilla blog, and on this mailing list,
there are some changes in the air at Mozilla with its line of active
products/projects. The l10n team is still working through how to adjust for
new gaps in our resources. One of the lowest-hanging fruit action items in
light of these changes is to deactivate projects that Mozilla is bringing
to an end in order to refocus efforts around Firefox. We have a short list
now, and that may increase over time. We’re committed to keeping you
informed all along the way.

For now, we’re announcing that the following projects will be deactivated
in Pontoon between now and Wednesday, 26 August:

-

Firefox Lite (aka Rocket)
-

Screenshots GO (aka Scryer)
-

Firefox Reality tab in Android-l10n (will require some effort to figure
out how to remove it from the android-l10n project)
-

Lockwise iOS

Note that we might need to disable other projects in the coming weeks, once
everything settles, but we’ll update you all if that happens.

I want to express my sincerest gratitude for all of the 250+ localizers who
helped to make these products globally accessible. We thank you for your
patience during each project’s development, your responsiveness to
localizing new strings, and your eagerness to ensure your language is
represented in each product. Thank you!

Best,

Jeff