Firefox L10n Newsletter - #1

Francesco Lodolo

Feb 26, 2021, 12:56:34 PM2/26/21
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi localizers,

In an effort to provide you with as much context as possible about the
upcoming redesign of Firefox, I'm starting a series of posts with
information about deadlines, significant changes, and how to test them.

Given the fact that this newsletter is going to be heavy with images and
formatting, it's hosted online as an HTML page. I'll make sure to link each
issue at the beginning of the following editions, so that they're easy to
navigate.

The first issue of the newsletter is available at
http://bit.ly/l10n-newsletter-1

Please reach out if you have any questions or doubts, or if you want
specific aspects covered in the upcoming issues.

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 4, 2021, 11:32:56 AM3/4/21
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,

I'm about to expose new strings in Firefox, and published a second issue
with some details and tips for translating in Pontoon
https://bit.ly/l10n-newsletter-2

Francesco

Il giorno ven 26 feb 2021 alle ore 18:56 Francesco Lodolo <fl...@lodolo.net>

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 4, 2021, 10:51:44 PM3/4/21
to mousav...@gmail.com, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi Mousavi,

Those are not shortcuts, they're accesskeys. If the locale uses a letter
that is not available in the label (in this case, you're using the same as
English), it will be displayed like that.

A good place for ask questions is the channel on Element, since there are
both staff and other localizers who can answer questions
https://chat.mozilla.org/#/room/#l10n-dev:mozilla.org

More info on chat.mozilla.org here https://wiki.mozilla.org/Matrix (it's
now called Element, but it used to be Matrix).

Francesco

Il giorno ven 5 mar 2021 alle ore 00:43 mousav...@gmail.com <
mousav...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> Not sure where I can submit feedback for the app menu, I just leave it
> here.
> The "Help" sub-menu is the only one that shows the shortcuts inside
> parentheses
> near the menu item, while other sub-menus have them on the other side
> of the menu item.
> Attached two screenshots from Persian locale.
>
> Arash

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 16, 2021, 9:58:04 AM3/16/21
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,

I'm about to expose new strings for Firefox. Please make sure to read about
the change to Firefox Account and Fluent before translating those strings.
https://bit.ly/l10n-newsletter-4

Francesco

Il giorno gio 4 mar 2021 alle ore 17:32 Francesco Lodolo <fl...@lodolo.net>