Brand name instead of verb?

Michael Wolf

Aug 13, 2020, 2:49:37 PM8/13/20

in this string

{ -brand-name-send } { -brand-name-firefox } to your phone<br> and
unleash your Internet.

The verb "Send" was replaced by the brandname placeholder {
-brand-name-send }. That's bad for translation. Maybe it should be a pun
which, however, works for English only.

Michael

Peiying Mo

Aug 13, 2020, 3:06:36 PM8/13/20
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Hello Michael,

You are right, this should be a verb, not the product name. Let me get this
fixed. Sorry to have mixed this one.

Thank you,
Peiying

Michael Wolf

Aug 13, 2020, 3:10:17 PM8/13/20
Peiying Mo schrieb:
> Hello Michael,
>
> You are right, this should be a verb, not the product name. Let me get this
> fixed. Sorry to have mixed this one.

Hi Peiying,

thank you for you quick reply.

Never mind! I assume you have similarly high temperatures there as we
have here. :-)

Regards,

Michael

Michael Wolf

Sep 23, 2020, 2:00:24 PM9/23/20

there is another string now where the verb "Send" has been replaced by
the brand placeholder { -brand-name-send }

"{ -brand-name-send } a Do Not Track signal"

Here the verb "Send" should be used, especially as the development of
Firefox Send has been abondened. ;-)

This string has the warning status on Pontoon.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

pmo

Sep 23, 2020, 2:54:52 PM9/23/20
to Mozilla projects web content localization, Michael Wolf
You are right!! Thank you for catching it! Will have the update ready by
tomorrow.