[Firefox Accounts]: new setting feature in Beta release

Peiying Mo

Feb 18, 2021, 9:47:21 PM2/18/21
to localization, Mozilla
Hello Localizers,

The strings in the updated Setting feature have landed in Pontoon:
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-accounts/settings.ftl/.

*Staging*: https://accounts.stage.mozaws.net/beta/settings
*Betal release: *25 Feb was the original date. This could be pushed out by
a week or two. I will update everyone once a revised date is confirmed,
through a follow-up email and through Pontoon project info.
*Note:*

- RTL is supported
- Localized content is pushed to production once every two weeks
- Activation: the team is still working on the % threshold to activate
the feature. In other words, it doesn't need to be 100% complete to see
this new Setting on Beta

*Background:*
This component is written in Fluent. The team has looked into leveraging
the Setting feature from the old layout written in .po, but 80% of the
strings have some sort of updates. As a result, we decided not to migrate
the strings as we did with some other projects. Having said that, do use
the Pontoon Machinery feature to help expedite your translation.

Thank you,
Peiying

Peiying Mo

Feb 24, 2021, 12:14:59 PM2/24/21
to localization, Mozilla
Hello Localizers,

I want to follow up with some updates since the landing of this new file in
Pontoon.

*The beta release is scheduled on March 17th*. All the locales that are
already activated for FxA will include this updated Setting feature whether
it is localized or not: full, partial or none. *The deadline to include
localized strings in the initial launch is March 9th*. I have set the
deadline in Pontoon. If you miss it, no worries. The team will push up
localization updates to production every two weeks, so you will catch up
sooner or later.

Thanks to all your feedback and reports
<https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server-l10n/issues> on buggy
strings. Some of the fixes were made, you should see the notification in
Pontoon. The changes include the following:

1. Bug fixes from your reports (each has a new string ID, so look for
the fuzzy match in Machinery)
2. New strings
3. English title style changes that may or may not be applicable to
localization. For these, the string IDs remain unchanged. If this change
impacts your locale, please go over them and make necessary
adjustments. *en-CA
and en-GB locales,* please update these strings accordingly. Here are a
few examples:

- Two-Step Authentication -> Two-step authentication
- Old or Replaced -> Old or replaced
- Add Photo -> Add photo
- Zoom In -> Zoom in

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,
Peiying