Adding Santali (Ol Chiki) support for Firefox

Prasanta Hembram

Jun 26, 2020, 5:37:06 AM6/26/20
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, I want Santali language (Ol Chiki) to be added. If possible please also add Santali (Devnagri) to this project, Santali (Devnagri) was available in
Pootle - http://mozilla.locamotion.org/sat and was well translated by Chandrakant Dhutadmal, ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:sat ) but not available in pontoon. Santali (Ol Chiki) is an official language of Santali, and officially written in Ol Chiki script.
I can transliterate manually to Ol Chiki. I want Firefox iOs as a starting project, will it be ok...as i will be only one translating for now. I have some friends who may be interested i will contact them.
I have translated sentences of Santali (Ol chiki) here:-

- *0 rocks* : ᱐ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *1 rock* : ‌᱑ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *2 rocks* : ᱒ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *3 rocks* : ᱓ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *4 rocks * : ᱔ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *5 rocks* : ᱕ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *10 rocks* : ᱑᱐ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ‌
- *20 rocks* : ᱒᱐ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *100 rocks* : ᱑᱐᱐ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *1000 rocks* : ᱑᱐᱐᱐ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground* : ᱤᱧ 0 ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ ᱯᱩᱰᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱨᱮ ᱧᱮᱞᱼᱧᱟᱢ ᱮᱫ ᱟᱧ
- *I see 1 rock on the ground* : ᱤᱧ ᱑ ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ ᱯᱩᱰᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱨᱮ ᱧᱮᱞᱼᱧᱟᱢ ᱮᱫ ᱟᱧ
- *I see rocks on the ground* : ᱤᱧ 0 ᱫᱷᱤᱨᱤ ᱯᱩᱰᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱨᱮ ᱧᱮᱞᱼᱧᱟᱢ ᱮᱫ ᱟᱧ

Best Regards.

PrasantaHembarm
Student
India, Odisha

Jeff Beatty

Jun 30, 2020, 11:49:58 AM6/30/20
to prasantah...@gmail.com, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales, Delphine Lebedel
Hi Prasanta,

Welcome to Mozilla! We're happy to support your efforts to make the Web
accessible in Santali.

We can get the locale set up in Pontoon (and thank you for providing these
translations). I'm CC-ing Delphine, who can help you through this and
localizing Firefox iOS. Please reach out to her with any questions.

Jeff

Delphine Lebédel

Jun 30, 2020, 9:47:56 PM6/30/20
to Jeff Beatty, prasantah...@gmail.com, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales
Hi Prasanta,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm going to take a better look at this request
and reach out directly back to you so we can get you started with Firefox
for iOS.

Welcome to Mozilla! 🦊

cheers

Prasanta Hembram

Jul 2, 2020, 3:21:50 AM7/2/20
to Jeff Beatty, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales, Delphine Lebedel
Thanks, Jeff

Prasanta Hembram

Jul 2, 2020, 3:21:50 AM7/2/20
to Delphine Lebédel, Jeff Beatty, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales
Thank you for your response. I'm asking my friends to join me in this
translation. Soon it will be in pontoon. I will start translating with
them. I'm just waiting for it to be added.