Central Kurdish (Sorani) with CKB code

Jwtiyar ali

Apr 5, 2020, 11:23:03 AM4/5/20
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-l10n-new-l...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey
We want to add Central Kurdish (Sorani) to firefox, as its not available
yet.
here is a brief of central kurdish (Sorani) language which is spoken
Kurdish languages that is spoken in Iraq, mainly in Iraqi Kurdistan, as
well as the Kurdistan Province, Kermanshah Province, and West Azerbaijan
Province of western Iran. Sorani is one of the two official languages of
Iraq, along with Arabic.
Native speakers of this language nearly 7000000 most of them in raq.

Best Regards.

Jwtiyar Nariman
Google Map Maker (RL)
*Physical Lab. / Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)*

*Mass Iraq Co. for cement industry *
My Blog <http://jwtear.blogspot.com>
Why Linux Is Better <http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/index_ku.php?lang=ku>
Freedom For Abdullah Ocalan (APO) <http://www.freedom-for-ocalan.com/>

Jwtiyar Nariman

Apr 8, 2020, 3:20:20 AM4/8/20
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hope Someone takes his time and answer ....

Jeff Beatty

Apr 8, 2020, 12:57:39 PM4/8/20
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales
Hello!

Thanks for your interest in localizing Firefox!

Firefox is a very large project, consisting of approximately 63K words and
can take some time to perform the necessary in-context l10n testing for all
of those words. If you have a group to support the effort, that would make
things move more quickly. If I haven't scared you away, we can still enable
Firefox for you, but there are other Firefox products that are smaller that
you and your group could bite off first and ship something in Kurdish
relatively quickly. Totally your call. Are you working alone or with a
group?

To get Kurdish set up in Pontoon, we need some additional information.
Specifically, how many plural forms are in the Kurdish (Sorani) language?
To give an example,
how would you translate the following sentences

- *0 rocks* :
- *1 rock* :
- *2 rocks* :
- *3 rocks* :
- *4 rocks * :
- *5 rocks* :
- *10 rocks* :
- *20 rocks* :
- *100 rocks* :
- *1000 rocks* :
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground* :
- *I see 1 rock on the ground* :
- *I see rocks on the ground* :

Thanks,
Jeff

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 1:20 AM Jwtiyar Nariman <jwt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hope Someone takes his time and answer ....

Jeff Beatty

Apr 8, 2020, 12:57:42 PM4/8/20
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales

Jwtiyar Nariman

Apr 9, 2020, 11:22:31 AM4/9/20
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Thank you bro, yes we have support team from chawg.org and zkurd.org. May
be we are not a lot but we can handle it, Now we are finishing ubuntu
project translation.
We want to make Firefox also available in Central Kurdish(ckb) .
Our plural forms is little different :

- *0 rocks* : ٠ بەرد
- *1 rock* : ١ بەرد
- *2 rocks* : ٢ بەرد
- *3 rocks* : ٣ بەرد
- *4 rocks * : ٤ بەرد
- *5 rocks* : ٥ بەرد
- *10 rocks* : ١٠ بەرد
- *20 rocks* : ٢٠ بەرد
- *100 rocks* : ١٠٠ بەرد
- *1000 rocks* : ١٠٠٠ بەرد
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground* : ٠ بەرد دەبینم لەسەر زەویەکە
- *I see 1 rock on the ground* : ١ بەرد دەبینم لەسەر زەویەکە.
- *I see rocks on the ground* : بەردەکان دەبینم لەسەر زەویەکە.
As you can may distinguish in the last one only we make it plural others
are written in same way.

Best regards

Francesco Lodolo

Apr 9, 2020, 11:54:36 AM4/9/20
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I'll reach out next week to set up the locale in Pontoon. In the
meantime, it would be great to start creating the account on Pontoon.

Francesco

Il giorno gio 9 apr 2020 alle ore 17:22 Jwtiyar Nariman
<jwt...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 7:57:42 PM UTC+3, Jeff Beatty wrote:
> Thank you bro, yes we have support team from chawg.org and zkurd.org. May
> be we are not a lot but we can handle it, Now we are finishing ubuntu
> project translation.
> We want to make Firefox also available in Central Kurdish(ckb) .
> Our plural forms is little different :
>
> - *0 rocks* : ٠ بەرد
> - *1 rock* : ١ بەرد
> - *2 rocks* : ٢ بەرد
> - *3 rocks* : ٣ بەرد
> - *4 rocks * : ٤ بەرد
> - *5 rocks* : ٥ بەرد
> - *10 rocks* : ١٠ بەرد
> - *20 rocks* : ٢٠ بەرد
> - *100 rocks* : ١٠٠ بەرد
> - *1000 rocks* : ١٠٠٠ بەرد
> - *I see 0 rocks on the ground* : ٠ بەرد دەبینم لەسەر زەویەکە
> - *I see 1 rock on the ground* : ١ بەرد دەبینم لەسەر زەویەکە.
> - *I see rocks on the ground* : بەردەکان دەبینم لەسەر زەویەکە.
> As you can may distinguish in the last one only we make it plural others
> are written in same way.
>
> Best regards

Jwtiyar Nariman

Apr 9, 2020, 12:54:24 PM4/9/20