New localization in Uyghur

Asmitul Esmayil

Jul 1, 2020, 1:55:29 AM7/1/20
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi ,
My language is Uyghur https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_language ,
have 10,000,000 speakers, would you please add it ?

ISO 639-1 Code : ug

-asmitul

thank you , have a nice day!

Jeff Beatty

Jul 1, 2020, 11:36:42 AM7/1/20
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, asmit...@gmail.com
Hello Asmitul!

Thanks for reaching out!

We would be happy to help you. My first question would be is this a request
for *someone* to localize a Mozilla product into Uyghur or are *you*
interested in being set up to localize a Mozilla product?

If the latter, what type of devices do Uyghur speakers typically have
access to? Desktop/laptop computers, iPhones, Android smartphones? I would
recommend starting with a product on a platform with the highest potential
for impact for Uyghur speakers.

To get Uyghur set up in Pontoon, we need some additional information.
Specifically, how many plural forms are in the Uyghur language?
To give an example, how would you translate the following sentences

- *0 rocks* :
- *1 rock* :
- *2 rocks* :
- *3 rocks* :
- *4 rocks * :
- *5 rocks* :
- *10 rocks* :
- *20 rocks* :
- *100 rocks* :
- *1000 rocks* :
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground* :
- *I see 1 rock on the ground* :
- *I see rocks on the ground* :

Thanks,
Jeff

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:55 PM Asmitul Esmayil <asmit...@gmail.com>

Jeff Beatty

Jul 6, 2020, 9:59:17 AM7/6/20
to Asmitul Esmayil, Delphine Lebedel, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales
Thanks for your response, Asmitul. Since Android is what is most used by
Uyghur speakers, I'm CC-ing the Program Manager for mobile localization,
Delphine. She'll be able to get Uyghur set up and can work with you to
select the right first product to localize on Android.

Best,
Jeff

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 10:51 AM Asmitul Esmayil <asmit...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jeff
>
> I would like translate Mozilla product by myself.
>
> and Android smartphone is the most used by Uyghur speakers.
>
> The plural in Uyghur are -lar and -ler. [ لار and لەر ]
>
> the example translate is
>
> نۆل تاش
> بىر تاش
> ئىككى تاش
> ئۈچ تاش
> تۆت تاش
> بەش تاش
> ئون تاش
> يىگىرمە تاش
> يۈز تاش
> مىڭ تاش
> مەن يەردە نۆل تاشنى كۆدۈم.
> مەن يەردە بىر تاشنى كۆردۈم.
> مەن يەردە تاشلارنى كۆردۈم.
>
> Thank you.

Delphine Lebédel

Jul 6, 2020, 4:28:10 PM7/6/20
to Jeff Beatty, Asmitul Esmayil, mozilla-dev-l10n-new-locales
Hi Asmitul,

Welcome onboard! I'll gladly get you set up on Android.
I'll reach out to you directly with more information about the process. In
the meantime, can you please create an account on Pontoon
<https://pontoon.mozilla.org/> please?

Many thanks!
delphine