Request localization for Tamazight

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 26, 2019, 11:43:12 AM3/26/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, mozilla.dev.l1...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Tamazight is an official language in two countries, a national language in many Other countries. We already have a lot of projects launched in this language, the best reference among them will be : Facebook.

1). What Mozilla product are you hoping to localise?

* All Mozilla products.

2). Which language is it and what language code should be used? (ISO-639-1, ISO-639-3, country code).

* Language ISO 639-3 : zgh
* Alphabet ISO 15924 : Tfng
* Country code (if required) : MA

3). How many plural forms are in the language?

* There are two plural forms :
* {number} is 0, 1, or between 11 and 99.
* {number} is between 2 and 10 or greater than 99.

To give an example, how would you translate the following phrases:

- *0 rocks* : 0 ⵏ ⵓⵥⵕⵓ
- *1 rock* : 1 ⵏ ⵓⵥⵕⵓ
- *2 rocks* : 2 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *3 rocks* : 3 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *4 rocks * : 4 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *5 rocks* : 5 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *10 rocks* : 10 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *20 rocks* : 20 ⵏ ⵓⵥⵕⵓ
- *100 rocks* : 100 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *1000 rocks* : 1000 ⵏ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground* : ⴷⴰ ⵥⵕⵕⴰⵖ 0 ⵏ ⵓⵥⵕⵓ ⴳ ⵡⴰⴽⴰⵍ
- *I see 1 rock on the ground* : ⴷⴰ ⵥⵕⵕⴰⵖ 1 ⵏ ⵓⵥⵕⵓ ⴳ ⵡⴰⴽⴰⵍ
- *I see rocks on the ground* : ⴷⴰ ⵥⵕⵕⴰⵖ ⵉⵥⵕⴰⵏ ⴳ ⵡⴰⴽⴰⵍ
4) Are you hoping to localise alone or do you have friends that will join
you ?

* I have a lot of friends that will join me ; we’re a team.

Thank you.

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden
Étudiant responsable du Master 2 MSO-MAMQ
FSJES - Université Cadi Ayyad
GSM : +212699389858

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 26, 2019, 11:51:45 AM3/26/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
> 1). What Mozilla product are you hoping to localise?
>
> * All Mozilla products.

This doesn't work. I suggest picking a couple of smaller projects
(i.e. not FIrefox) and see how that works. In some cases there are
external limitations (e.g. support on the OS, like in iOS).

Are there specific projects you'd be interested in?

I'm also not sure if we're going to have problems with the font
support. Do you have any experience with it?

Francesco

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 26, 2019, 12:03:54 PM3/26/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
We can start with Firefox for Android, Calendar and Thunderbird as a first step.

There is no problem with the font support for Windows, Android and iOS…

Thank you.

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Étudiant responsable du Master 2 MSO-MAMQ

FSJES - Université Cadi Ayyad

GSM : +212699389858

________________________________
Mar 26, 2019, 1:04:25 PM3/26/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Some details:
- Thunderbird is as large as Firefox, has a lot of shared strings with
Firefox, and ships on a mostly yearly cycle
- Calendar only ships as part of Thunderbird
- Firefox for Android is not actively developed, and has a lot of
shared strings with Firefox

Examples of smaller and active projects are:
- Firefox Send (website, potential issues with font support)
- Firefox for iOS (if it's supported by iOS).

Francesco

Il giorno mar 26 mar 2019 alle ore 17:03 Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 28, 2019, 1:01:11 AM3/28/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
I've created the locale on Pontoon and added Firefox Send. I'll leave
Firefox for iOS to Delphine.

Note that you need to create your account on Pontoon in order to set
up permissions.

Francesco

Il giorno mer 27 mar 2019 alle ore 23:50 Yassine Aït-El-Mouden
<yaitel...@outlook.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I've found that Firefox Send will be so easy to translate; so please open the Tamazight project.
>
> Thank you.

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 28, 2019, 6:37:43 AM3/28/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Thannk you Francesco.
We’ll wait for Delphine’s action.

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

________________________________
I've created the locale on Pontoon and added Firefox Send. I'll leave
Firefox for iOS to Delphine.

Note that you need to create your account on Pontoon in order to set
up permissions.

Francesco

Il giorno mer 27 mar 2019 alle ore 23:50 Yassine Aït-El-Mouden
<yaitel...@outlook.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I've found that Firefox Send will be so easy to translate; so please open the Tamazight project.
>
> Thank you.

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 28, 2019, 11:44:22 AM3/28/19
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

I just noticed that I'm a CONTRIBUTOR, not a MANAGER for the Tamazight project.
Please give me more power by giving me the MANAGER status.

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Delphine Lebédel

Mar 28, 2019, 4:55:47 PM3/28/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
I've enabled Firefox iOS on Pontoon, should be available within the next
15min, after the next Pontoon sync.
Here is some documentation for Firefox iOS
<https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/products/firefox_ios/testing.html>,
please reach out directly to me if you have any questions (I'm the project
manager in charge of mobile localizations).

Thanks for your interest in working on all this, and happy localizing!
cheers
delphine

Delphine Lebédel

Mar 28, 2019, 4:55:48 PM3/28/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
I've enabled Firefox iOS on Pontoon, should be available within the next
15min, after the next Pontoon sync.
Here is some documentation for Firefox iOS
<https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/products/firefox_ios/testing.html>,
please reach out directly to me if you have any questions (I'm the project
manager in charge of mobile localizations).

Thanks for your interest in working on all this, and happy localizing!
cheers
delphine

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:44 PM Yassine Aït-El-Mouden <
yaitel...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that I'm a CONTRIBUTOR, not a MANAGER for the Tamazight
> project.
> Please give me more power by giving me the MANAGER status.
>
> Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 28, 2019, 6:31:33 PM3/28/19
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Thank you very much Delphine !

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden
De : Delphine Lebédel<mailto:delp...@mozilla.com>
Envoyé le :ⴰⴽⵡⴰⵙ 28 ⵎⴰⵕⵚ 2019 21:55
À : dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org>
Cc : mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org>

yaitel...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that I'm a CONTRIBUTOR, not a MANAGER for the Tamazight
> project.
> Please give me more power by giving me the MANAGER status.
>
> Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Yassine Aït-El-Mouden

Mar 28, 2019, 6:31:36 PM3/28/19

De : Delphine Lebédel<mailto:delp...@mozilla.com>