Localization of Komi-Zyrian in Pontoon

Niko Partanen

Jun 16, 2018, 2:17:51 PM6/16/18
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi! Would it be possible to enable translation into Komi-Zyrian (ISO: kpv) in Pontoon?

---

1) What Mozilla product are you hoping to localise? Keep in mind that
Firefox desktop is a rather large project which can potentially take a long
time for a full localisation to ship.

Common Voice

2) Which language code should be used? (ISO-639-1, ISO-639-3, country code).

ISO-639-3: kpv

3) How many plural forms are in the language? To give an example,
how would you translate the following phrases:

- *0 rocks* : 0 из
- *1 rock* : 1 из
- *2 rocks* : 2 из
- *3 rocks* : 3 из
- *4 rocks * : 4 из
- *5 rocks* : 5 из
- *10 rocks* : 10 из
- *20 rocks* : 20 из
- *100 rocks* : 100 из
- *1000 rocks* : 1000 из
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground* : Ме аддза муын 0 из.
- *I see 1 rock on the ground* : Ме аддза муын 1 из.
- *I see rocks on the ground* : Ме аддза муын изъяс.

4) Are you hoping to localise alone or do you have friends that will join
you? For sustainability of the localisation (because we're always releasing
new versions of Firefox products that will need localising), we'd prefer to
only ship new locales that have more than one person sustaining them.

I'm working with native speakers and translators.

Thank you very much!