Request localization for Izhorian

Kristian Kankainen

Feb 14, 2019, 2:30:42 AM2/14/19
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
1) What Mozilla product are you hoping to localise?
Common Voice

2) Which language code should be used? (ISO-639-1, ISO-639-3, country code).
ISO-639-3, izh, ru

3) How many plural forms are in the language? To give an example,
how would you translate the following phrases:

Plural forms like in Finnish language.
- *0 rocks*
- *1 rock*
- *2 rocks*
- *3 rocks*
- *4 rocks *
- *5 rocks*
- *10 rocks*
- *20 rocks*
- *100 rocks*
- *1000 rocks*
- *I see 0 rocks on the ground*
- *I see 1 rock on the ground*
- *I see 10 rock on the ground*
- *I see rocks on the ground*

4) Are you hoping to localise alone or do you have friends that will join
you?
I have a translator who has a team of three Izhorians working on creating new words for Izhorian language. I will mostly be coaching them on the technical side.

Peiying Mo

Feb 14, 2019, 12:27:24 PM2/14/19
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Kristian,

Thank you for your request. I have added the language on Pontoon. Have the three translators register in Pontoon, share their names so I can assign them to the the language and project. If you feel strongly one can be a leading role in this, we can make him/her the language manager. Do you want to be added to the locale too?

Additionally, are you going to onboard them to Pontoon, including sharing the training doc, etc? If you have more questions, you can send me a direct email, not using this mailing list.

Thank you,
Peiying