Request for languages: Mari (Meadow), Mari (Hill)

marila...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2019, 3:48:04 AM1/9/19
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi!

I'd like to request a locale for Mari (Meadow)

1) We are hoping to do Common Voice.

2) mhr, RU

3) Plural forms are like in Turkish: singular forms used after numerals.

4) I intend to provide the textual data for Common Voice (it's all open source or stuff for which I hold the rights) and motivate native speakers to contribute with recordings.

Peiying Mo

Jan 9, 2019, 12:13:09 PM1/9/19
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Masha,

Thank you for your request. Fran has relayed your request to me and the project is already set up in Pontoon: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/mhr/common-voice/.

You are the locale manager. Here is the Pontoon user guide: https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/tools/pontoon/. Do share with others when you bring them onboard.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Peiying

Peiying Mo

Jan 9, 2019, 12:25:23 PM1/9/19
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Jeremy,

Correction, the locale manager is not Masha (the subject suggests to set up both locales but it is for Mari (Meadow)). This is the locale you want to have set up. Could you let me know if you have registered in Pontoon yet? I couldn't find you from the email address provided to me. Anyhow, it is set up in Pontoon and ready for localization. Once you start localizing, I can change your status there.

Thank you,
Peiying