Localizing Fennec into Burmese

Jeff Beatty

Jan 7, 2015, 12:22:16 PM1/7/15
to dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, m...@tinaunglinn.com
Hi Burmese l10n team,

I hope you've had a very happy new year and are looking forward to all
that this year has to offer.

One of the l10n-drivers team's goals this year is for Firefox for
Android (Fennec) to be the most linguistically accessible browser on
Android devices around the world. Considering that your team has worked
on Fennec previously, I'm curious to know if you would be willing to add
Fennec to your team's list of offical localization projects in the next
cycle or two. Doing this successfully would require the following of the
team:

1) At least one localizer from your team who leads the Fennec l10n
project. Preferably someone who is focused only on delivering Fennec
every six weeks.

2) A commitment to keep the localization up-to-date every six weeks.
There are usually only 50 string changes per release cycle. Over the
course of six weeks, this represents only a few hours worth of
translation and testing.

3) Manual testing with an Android device. If this is something that your
team's Fennec l10n owner needs, I can find a way to accommodate.

Please let me know soon if this is a project your team is interested in
working on. I would like to add your locale to the l10n roadmap for
Fennec 37 or 38, which are being localized during the next three months.
Let me know if you have any questions as well, I'm more than happy to help.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Jeff

--
*Jeff Beatty*
Localization Engineer

Jeff Beatty

Jan 9, 2015, 1:09:57 PM1/9/15
to TALNET, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Tin,

I'm very excited to work with you to add Burmese to the multilocale
releases of Fennec! Let's go over what needs to completed and the
timeline. This timeline is specific to the six week cycle you determine
to be the best to aim for releasing your localization (specifically for
this cycle, Fx 37).

Activity

Assignee

Timeline

Translation (product)

L10n team

12 Jan - 9 Feb

Productization

L10n team

12 Jan - 9 Feb

Single-locale testing
<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android-l10n/>

Regional community

12 Jan - 16 Feb

Sign-off review

Jeff

9 Feb - 16 Feb

maemo-locales (add to multilocale build)

Jeff

16 Feb - 23 Feb

If we keep to this schedule, then your locale will be completed and
added to the multilocale build in Aurora before migration day so that
the community can test it within the multilocale build during Beta.

Do you have any questions about this? What are your thoughts on the
timeline? Is this something that the your l10n team can take on in this
timeframe?

Thanks,

Jeff Beatty

Jan 12, 2015, 10:42:32 AM1/12/15
to TALNET, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org
Great! Thank you for your help! I'll be sure to remain in contact over
the course of the cycle.

Thanks,
Jeff
El 1/10/15 a las 4:05 AM, TALNET escibió: