[Action Needed] bn-IN Firefox for Android Sprint

Biraj Karmakar

Mar 25, 2014, 4:30:59 PM3/25/14
to community-india, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, anu...@lists.ankur.org.in, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing good .

As you know ,our locale is one of the few that we're able to ship
because Samsung
has added support for Indic languages to their latest generation Android
devices<http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/info-tech/samsung-phones-to-support-9-indian-languages/article5018907.ece>.We're
all very excited to see our locale added to *Firefox for Android
(Fennec)*through the *Google
Play store*.

It is very exciting news for all. Also Firefox for
Android<http://mozilla.locamotion.org/bn_IN/mobile/>is ready with 1157
translations in pootle.For that we need one virtual
translation sprint over IRC . 1157 strings might be a bit too much to
complete in a single sprint - that's why I have a plan for a
staggered sprint(max.
3 days).

I have created one survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PSX2N62> for
your feedback
on preferable date. Now I would like to welcome all Bengali-India (bn-IN)
localizers to take *2* minutes to respond here. It will help to decide the
date of this sprint. Last date for this survey *2nd April, 2014 (11:59:59
PM IST)*.

If you have any doubts, feel free to ask in this thread.

Thank You and Warm Regrads

Biraj Karmakar
*on the behalf of bn-IN l10n tean *
*Mozilla Reps* from India