Persona: deadline for the next release is Tuesday, August 4 5:00 PM UTC

1 view

Matjaz Horvat

Jul 22, 2012, 5:14:33 AM7/22/12
to Mozilla projects web content localization, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org
Howdy,

Our last candidate, train-2012.07.06 was derailed and will not make it to
production.

The next Persona release (train-2012.07.20) is scheduled for Wednesday,
August 5, so we'd like to kindly ask you to finish your work by Tuesday,
August 4 5:00 PM UTC. New strings are already available in Verbatim & SVN.

GOOD NEWS: For the first time, we are localizing the main site (
https://persona.org/), not just the dialog. Also, we are using %(site) and
such instead of %s as much as possible to make it more obvious what the
string replacement stands for.

BAD NEWS: 55 new and 28 fuzzy strings.

If you're using Verbatim, please don't forget to commit your changes to VCS
under the Review tab. After that, you'll be able to test your translations
on our l10n preview environment:
https://l10n-preview.diresworb.org/

Shall you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

-Matjaž

Leszek Życzkowski

Jul 23, 2012, 8:17:21 AM7/23/12
to Mozilla projects web content localization, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org
Matjaz,
Site https://l10n-preview.diresworb.org/ isn't displayed localized strings.

Regards
Teo

Leszek Życzkowski

Jul 23, 2012, 8:42:09 AM7/23/12
to Mozilla projects web content localization, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org
Also IMHO this sentence isn't correctly formated:

<strong %(emailId)>Email</strong> is not registered.

IMHO should be:

> Email <strong>%(emailId)</strong> is not registered.

Regards
Teo

Matjaz Horvat

Jul 23, 2012, 9:12:41 AM7/23/12
to Leszek Życzkowski, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla projects web content localization
Michael & Leszek, you are right. I've filled an issue on GitHub, let's
continue discussion there:
https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/2136

I've also reported that l10n preview is not working, let's wait for west
coast to wake up. :)

Marcelo, thank you!

-Matjaž

Matjaz Horvat

Jul 27, 2012, 12:24:38 PM7/27/12
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla projects web content localization
Howdy,

I'd like to remind you that we need Persona strings to be ready by Tuesday.

Let me stress that this release brings more changes than usually, so it's very important we get as many locales as possible to 100%.

I promise the releases that will follow will have much smaller number of strings to translate.

-Matjaz

On 22. jul. 2012, at 11:14, Matjaz Horvat <matjaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Our last candidate, train-2012.07.06 was derailed and will not make it to production.
>
> The next Persona release (train-2012.07.20) is scheduled for Wednesday, August 5, so we'd like to kindly ask you to finish your work by Tuesday, August 4 5:00 PM UTC. New strings are already available in Verbatim & SVN.
>
> GOOD NEWS: For the first time, we are localizing the main site (https://persona.org/), not just the dialog. Also, we are using %(site) and such instead of %s as much as possible to make it more obvious what the string replacement stands for.

Gion-Andri Cantieni

Jul 27, 2012, 12:34:14 PM7/27/12
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi Matjaz,
do you have any news, when the preview
(https://l10n-preview.diresworb.org/) will work again?
I think this is important to deliver good translations...

Gion-Andri

2012/7/27 Matjaz Horvat <matjaz...@gmail.com>:

Gion-Andri Cantieni
Segantinistr. 130
8049 Turitg/Zürich

077 / 429 94 42
gion-...@cantieni.info

Thunderbird, il meglier program dad e-mail sa ussa era rumantsch!
http://www.mozilla.org/rm/thunderbird
Firefox gia daditg:
http://www.mozilla.org/rm/firefox

Matjaz Horvat

Jul 27, 2012, 12:44:35 PM7/27/12
to Gion-Andri Cantieni, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla projects web content localization
No. :/

Pinging Persona guys again...

-Matjaž

Matjaz Horvat

Jul 28, 2012, 4:01:51 AM7/28/12
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla projects web content localization
Hey everyone,

We have derailed this train, which means no release on Tuesday.

We will have a new train that is minimally different in terms of strings
early next week and the preview environment should be fixed by that time,
too.

This means that we just got some extra time (~2 weeks) to finish our work
and we'll be able to preview it starting next week.

I'll give you more information when the new train is cut.

-Matjaž