This is a reminder that Mozilla will end support for the hosted Persona
authentication service on November 30th, 2016.
All websites that rely on persona.org
will need to migrate to another
means of authentication before this date. Additional information and
guidelines for doing so are available on the wiki at .
Between now and November 30th, we will:
* Continue to operate the service at maintenance level, and respond
to critical availability or security issues in a timely manner.
* Start displaying user-visible messaging about the shutdown
in the Persona authentication dialog.
Beginning on November 30th, the Persona service will be decommissioned:
* All services hosted on the persona.org
domain will be shut down.
* Mozilla will retain control of the persona.org
domain and will
not transfer it to a third party.
* Since the privacy of user data is of utmost importance to Mozilla,
we will destroy all user data stored on the persona.org
and will not transfer it to third parties.
If you have any questions or concerns, please post them to the
dev-identity mailing list .